Video: Overview Of The Variety Of Tactic 2.4ghz Radios

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Feb 21, 2015.

By hgnimda on Feb 21, 2015 at 4:15 AM
  1. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

The Tactic brand is already known for its focus on affordability and value, but even veteran modelers are surprised by the wide selection it offers, as well. Tactic offers a full line of interference-free 2.4GHz radios, which starts with the modern TTX300 3-channel surface system and goes on to include the TTX410 and TTX610 flight radios, as well as the TTX650 and TTX850 computer radios. All systems offer the security and linking ease of the SLT protocol, which makes them ideal for use with Tx-R aircraft from Flyzone, Great Planes, Heli-Max and more. However, Tx-R aircraft can also be flown with virtually any radio, thanks to the Tactic AnyLink2 2.4GHz Radio Adapter. Compact and lightweight, it attaches in just minutes, and can turn virtually any R/C radio – regardless of band, brand or modulation — into a true, 2.4GHz powerhouse. Tactic receivers are just as versatile and budget-friendly. Some offer the dependability and unbreakable strength of transmitter/receiver linking automatically, while others offer the one-second speed and ease of push-button binding. There’s a Tactic receiver for virtually any application, from the ultralight and compact TR1424 for small electrics to the dual-antenna TR825 for full-range aircraft of all kinds. But Tactic also offers servos for almost every applications, plus a wide range of adapters, connectors, extensions and other accessories.

For no-frills affordability matched with no-compromise performance, make the right move in radio control: to Tactic.

For more information on specific Tactic Products, visit: http://www.tacticrc.com

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Feb 21, 2015.

1. ArgyPak

ArgyPak Active Member

This should be standard in all radios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. feral

feral Well-Known Member

I raced rc boats for a while and had a tactic radio and it never lost signal I also had a futaba 4pm which lost signal at least twice a race meet

3. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

A few of the guys at our field are flying planes with Tactic Transmitters, and they really love them. I took a close look at one of them and they are actually pretty good. I forgot the model they are all using, but they have features found on much more expensive transmitters. Like wireless buddy boxing for one. I would not be afraid to fly my helicopters with one.

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Sometimes you just get a dud @feral. I have had the opposite re spektrum/futaba. - ie never lost signal on futaba but on spektrum i had a dx8 that was from the first batches... I think i just got a bad radio.

5. smakmeharder

What are the quality of the gimbals like @Geena. I love gimbals that are silky smooth and fast...

6. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

The gimbals seemed to be about average to me, but more toward the silky side. No crunchy or sticky feel to them at all. The only thing I don`t like is that the stock gimbal ends are much like the stock DX8 gimbal ends. Very dull and blunt on the tips of them and I felt like my thumbs would slip off them too easily. Other than that, they are very solid transmitters. I hope I don`t have to get a new one any time soon, but if I do, I am leaning toward either Jeti, or Graupner onm the next go around.

7. smakmeharder

I had a custom set of gimbals made by an engineer at the helicopter club. He used silver steel and all the points have been sharpened - I can resharpen them when they get blunt. For me having sharp stick ends make a world of difference. Also having the points taper to a small circle helps me keep the stick in one place on my thumb while performing fast piro moves - the stick wont "walk" accross the thumb/fingers. Larger circles on the stick ends travel more than smaller circles.

8. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

That sounds awesome! I just use the one made by Seacraft. They are short, and sharp...just the way I like them. I tried the ones with the really large ends on them one time, because the add said "made for thumb flyers". They were like 15-20mm diameter at end and fairly sharp. Almost crashed my helicopter on the first flight with them, because they would not move enough, and restricted my ability to make clean fast inputs. Needless to say, I landed put the old ones back on and tossed them in the trash.

9. smakmeharder

I will post some pics. You might like them! I am sure someone with your talent could build your own...

10. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I would love to see some photos of them. :) I`m sure I could build a set, but with all of the choices that are out there...it`s easier to just buy them. Besides...In the time it would take to make them, I could burn a gallon or two of the holy nitro. ;) I have made my own parts before though. When I first started flying, I had a T-Rex 500 which I loved to fly. I put it in one weekend, and I had everything needed to put it back together except a main shaft. No one on the planet had one in stock at the time, so I turned one on the lathe at work.....out of 4130...LOL