Styles Of Flying

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by 5Fidy, Jun 9, 2014.

By 5Fidy on Jun 9, 2014 at 10:39 PM
  1. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Everyone has a style of flying there own way of tearing up the sky whether it's smack or
    big air with smooth transition's or low down grass cutting. What do you like to see and what do you like to Do?
    Me I like watchin big air with smooth Piro transition's. That's what I like to try and do.
    Also I like watchin Ray crash aka @Crash Heligod. Lol

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by 5Fidy, Jun 9, 2014.

1. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I like just banging the sticks around.. I cant stay high, it's just not in my DNA, I really like watching the big air with smooth transition's, love the low down stuff, always keep the hands warm for the big high five's, when that's going down. Rays good to watch, He's good...... But i have flown with him so much i know everymove before it happens, He needs to bring it lower !!!

2. jockstrap

jockstrap Active Member

My Style is - "Flying Miss Daisy" Style..

I'd like to be able to do a bit more smack but my old fart brain is stuck on a slow CPU.. so i'm trying to do what I can do a bit smoother also..
      I like to fly big air as well..

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

LOL thanks @5Fidy... nice thread BTW... I think my style is very stop start, change direction, the faster i can do stuff the better. Though sometimes i just like to figure 8 invertied and upright, just to connect with the basics. I love tick tocks in all directions and orientatins and piroflips just send my brain into a frenzy, expecially when I have that left tail all the way accross! So I allways judge a good flight by how wobbly my legs are at the end of it. If my legs are wobbly and the adrenalin has been pumping, an Crash has not eaten my heli I am satisified

4. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

ALSO forgot to mention I love your landings with the protos mate. They are like art very creative. Lol

5. smakmeharder

@5Fidy, somedays on, most days not!... have to get the heli down and the pack out so i can stick in the next one!

6. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I like to watch smack 3D. But I am more of a sport flyer myself.

7. feral

feral Well-Known Member

You fly better that you make out to buddy

8. William

William Active Member

I like to fly smooth and low, and mix in piros and then pull a huge big loop or fast hurricanes... I am working on more elevator transitions, and some aileron disk swapping kinda stuff...

I learned long ago I am never going to be a smack master, may just be to old or too slow, or to poor.

I like to watch people around my skill level that have different moves mastered than me, so I might learn something to add to my routine. I find if I watch people who are way better I crash more trying stuff that's out of my league, and if I watch people who are far behind that I get board?

9. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

My preferred flying style is to land in one piece.... but seriously... I need to work on a style.. I just tend to practice moves...

10. Mark Mickels

Mark Mickels Well-Known Member

+1 on landing in one piece. I like watching big air flying with smooth transitions. I like some smack thrown in too, but the smooth stuff is so cool for me.

11. smakmeharder

Your style is fine @Manyc . If only you had more time!.. But great progress nonetheless..

12. smakmeharder

Hi @William what is disk swapping? Your flying is great - no way too poor (unless your broke from buying too many helis)! I think smak flying is more an attitude type thing. Im sure with what i have seen your an excellent Pilot!. But why change if you enjoy your flying! Everyone else here loves what you do and its very advanced stuff. To smak it you would only need to just apply more collective in some of the moves and pogo more but you have all the manovers down pat. Its not that much of a step from where you are. It only depends if you want to go there or not.

13. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

I like to watch low down on the deck smack with some big air and fast hurricanes yeah baby

14. Min

Min Well-Known Member

I like Jamie Robertson's style of flying. I'm into the boomstrike flying style myself

15. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

dont forget the gear stripping funnels @Min

16. William

William Active Member

That's what I call it when you're in a tight circuit, and you switch from inside to outside very fast, very hard for onlookers to see whats happening...

17. josh

josh Active Member

I call my style hardcore hovering. I love kyle dahl's style. He just manages to keep the heli moving no matter what he is doing and his flights just flow.

18. feral

feral Well-Known Member

I call my style hang on to your beer and watch this.

I love death slides they scare the peanut gallery

19. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

my style is No Crash Style