Quadcopter Drug Mule

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Johnnybgoode, Jan 30, 2015.

By Johnnybgoode on Jan 30, 2015 at 7:18 AM
  1. Johnnybgoode

Johnnybgoode Active Member

With all the drone stuff happening, i thought this might be interesting. I wonder if this is part of Amazons new drone scheme.

Copied from here.... http://news.yahoo.com/drug-laden-drone-crashes-near-us-mexico-border-232222670.html?clear-cache

Drug-laden drone crashes near US-Mexico border

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Police in a Mexican border city said Wednesday that a drone overloaded with illicit methamphetamine crashed into a supermarket parking lot.

Tijuana police spokesman Jorge Morrua said authorities were alerted after the drone fell Tuesday night near the San Ysidro crossing at Mexico's border with California.

Six packets of the drug, weighing more than six pounds, were taped to the six-propeller remote-controlled aircraft. Morrua said authorities are investigating where the flight originated and who was controlling it. He said it was not the first time they had seen drones used for smuggling drugs across the border.

Other innovative efforts have included catapults, ultralight aircraft and tunnels.

In April, authorities in South Carolina found a drone outside the fence of a prison that had been carrying cellphones, marijuana and tobacco.

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Johnnybgoode, Jan 30, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yes its inevitable I think. Drones are pretty hard to trace, hard to spot and when they become more efficient, they will be used for many other activities similar to this.

images.jpg

2. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

They couldn't reduce the payload, recharge the lipo's and do the delivery in a few runs?

Implied-Facepalm_zps2e290e67.jpg

3. mr_squiggle

mr_squiggle Well-Known Member

No doubt "they" have learned a few lessons and will be back for another go at it. I would have thought a flying wing would have been more effective, carry more & travel further. Nice short takeoff & land space & simple to automate.

Citizen #186

4. Mark Mickels

Mark Mickels Well-Known Member

There have been far to many incidents with multi rotors. I fear that there will be new laws enacted to restrict the RC hobby here in the states.

5. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:Until maybe the new "lithium/sulpher" batteries are perfected for production, I don't see payload drones being signifigant unless another power source is used, for instance: A drone large enough to employ a small fuel powered back-up generator might work in the same way some of the newer electric automobiles have back-up generators in them. Maybe one day someone will invent a "Mr. Fusion" device like they have in Back to the Future 2.

6. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    7. smakmeharder

Some interesting videos there thats for sure ! Multi rotors are going to be used big time for surveillance in the future no doubt. Look at the impact security cameras have had.

8. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

My point is... we should be more affraid of countless privacy violations and unprecedented invigilation performed by government agencies than children playing like this:

I am trying to avoid off-topics. That is why I focus on criminal government actions involving drugs and our safety in general.

There are reasons to be horrified and disgusted as you can see.

https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/general-reports-1/cocaine/contra-story/findings.html

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    9. smakmeharder

Yes I think I understand where you are coming from @utrinque . Things like privacy are very important, more important than people realize especially where the internet is concerned. And then there are the good guys and bad guys (we think). Its hard to trust when you see the videos posted. As the world becomes more advanced, dangers become more extreme. And class separation between the rich and poor will become wider as population increases and propaganda even more so.