Video Protos 700 V2

Discussion in 'Heligods General Video's Section' started by Tamas Levardi, Sep 3, 2015.

By Tamas Levardi on Sep 3, 2015 at 11:56 PM
  1. Tamas Levardi

Tamas Levardi Active Member

Comments

Discussion in 'Heligods General Video's Section' started by Tamas Levardi, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

2. Tamas Levardi

:)))))) stop creeping around you :)

3. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

I am curious about the protos V2. They had beat Mikado in getting a new 700 to market.

If you do slow circuits with it, how does it go for smoothness, vibration and tracking?

Lets say we compare it to a Mikado logo? would it be in the same ball park in terms of flight characteristics? Floaty?

Having a tail belt I would assume it would be low vibration.

4. Tamas Levardi

The heli it self is a very clean design. The head is fully compact low hub. Very very easy build and repaid. Smooth mechanism. Strong, capable taking the hardcore moves and smooth nice low HS flights.
      The floatyness and the rest characteristic comes from other components like blades servos etc.
      V2 is a very strong design!

5. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

There's now 4 of these floating around AFF if your in Melbourne. From what I have seen of the design I like it. Nice idea on the servo arms.. Similar to thunder tiger.

But the big difference is parts price.. It is cheap for most of the parts. And can be stretched to 800..

6. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Looks as if Protos have done some good things with this heli. Price is always a motivator but for me its more the design. I really want to check this heli out as MSH have done some good things in the past. Who has one @Manyc ?

7. BladeBandit

BladeBandit Active Member

I have one @smakmeharder

8. BladeBandit

I have one @smakmeharder

9. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Argy, Dean, Josh and Dennis all have one.. In either 700 750 or 800 14s setups

10. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So what do you think @BladeBandit ? I know Dennis loves them...... And with 14S they would be snappy as.

11. BladeBandit

Being all belt is it very quiet. I haven't got enough flights yet to say exactly what I think but it has been a pleasure thus far.

It has a very simple yet robust design which I like. Watching Videos form Tamas, Dario and Alex it looks like the drive train is a winner. My poor collective management will test it for sure.

I guess the biggest positive is the parts cost, Very very affordable parts. My only real negative is getting used to the visibility. I recommend a bit of vinyl on the tail fin or something as it has quite a bit of black. ( I also run black spin blades)

I guess its time to come out and say it.... I have been flying the nitro most of the time hahaha The electrics have been a little neglected of late. ;)