Ms Composit Hornet 2

Discussion in '250 - 450 Class Helis' started by Beaver, Jul 19, 2016.

By Beaver on Jul 19, 2016 at 4:23 PM
  1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Here's an I interesting little vintage Heli from the Czech Republic:
    MS Composit Hornet 2 - 300 size CCPM - Torque tube tail drive.
    The fly-bar head is similar to other helis of the time, complete with elongated loop flybar control links as found on Blade SR, CP, CP Pro or even the old Twister.
    It's a strange bird for certain. The frame is extremely simple and light weight in design.
    The thing was free aside from shipping, and came with a few spare parts..... no electronics, just basic airframe. IMG_20160719_244343893.jpg IMG_20160719_244709613_HDR.jpg

Comments

Discussion in '250 - 450 Class Helis' started by Beaver, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Parts are hard to find for this old bird. I may end up mingling in some Blade CP/SR parts to complete the head assembly. I have a 4700Kv ProMax Neodymium brushed motor located already. I'm eyeing this alloy gear set with OWB... if it's still available. mt4011.jpg
      I will probably have to go cheap at first and get a stock main gear, but I dont like the odd 0.4mm pitch that looks like it would strip easily. I can't change to an Align type 0.5 pitch gear because the tail drive is built into the stock gear hub. $_3 (1).JPG

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    2. hawko

hawko Member

I think a friend of mine may have one like that it's been many years since I seen it .I do believe he still has it IF IT IS THE SAME HELI I can ask if it is the same and if he wants to sell it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

There were three versions of the Hornet, first being fixed pitch, then there was Hornet 2 and Hornet X. I believe they all shared common parts. Anything would be helpful.
      This isn't a priority project since I do have other helis to fly, but I would like to finish it sooner than later.

4. hawko

hawko Member

No worries! I'll ask next time I'm speaking too him and see if he would be interested in selling it. If it's any good to you .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

That would be nice. Thanks. :)