Most Memorable Crash! - Give Me Give Me

Discussion in 'Crash Heligod' started by Crash Heligod, Jun 29, 2014.

By Crash Heligod on Jun 29, 2014 at 9:00 PM
  1. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

Ahh my Heli-Minions, I have seen millions of crashes – however I want you to tell me what is your most memorable Crash! And what was the cause!..... I love to leave a lasting impression on people where possible.

Comments

Discussion in 'Crash Heligod' started by Crash Heligod, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Mark Mickels

Mark Mickels Well-Known Member

Mine was with my Alees Rush 700 last year at the Livermore Rotorfest fun fly. I was completing an inside loop and you unplugged my servo wires from the V-bar. The result was no cyclic control. The bird did a perfect tail slide from 200' right into the ground. It was a re-kit and it also took out my pulse flight pack and two pulse 5000 mah main packs. Thanks for the memories Crash!

2. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Mine was with my 1st trex 700 I was doing traveling rainbows when you raised the ground a couple of feet resulting in a complete rekit still to this day I cannot fing my sats and vbar sensor

3. Crash Heligod

Oh yes Mark, I remember that well.. But you must remember, I was only trying to provide entertainment for the crowd. Everybody loved the spectacle! - except for you. But nonetheless I am sure you will be etched in the mind of all observers for many years to come. Fame does have its price! muah ha ha ha....

4. Crash Heligod

Ah feral have you not heard of the pot of gold found at the end of the Rainbow? Well maybe there was no pot of gold at the end of your Rainbow, but it cost you that much in repairs! muah ha ha...

5. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Damn straight a bloody fortune

6. Min

Min Well-Known Member

My logo 600 blade delamination. They were 623 edge

7. mr_squiggle

mr_squiggle Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll bite. How the hell did you do that?

Citizen #186

8. mr_squiggle

Ok, I'll bite. How the hell did you do that?

Citizen #186

9. Min

Min Well-Known Member

I wish I knew. I was doing an inverted backwards loop and then it went bang.

10. mr_squiggle

I hate that, not knowing what went wrong really bugs me.

Citizen #186

11. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yes not knowing the reason for a crash leaves that nagging question in your mind which can really hurt your flying confidence. It can also demoralize you as you enter a spiraling fault analysis brainstorm of "what ifs". You get scared to push the envelope, wondering "did i push it too hard?". Time and and finding/fixing the fault can restore your confidence. Sometimes you never know the reason and that is the worst!

12. Johnnybgoode

Johnnybgoode Active Member

I will never forget this crash. I was flying my TREX 700 at a flying field, shared with rc planes. I am not a great pilot but I do have control and can fly inverted but not great. Anyway I was taking off and pushed my heli skyward really fast - up high. Straight into a passing a scale f16 jet!. My heli fell and hit the ground in the long grass. It was not too bad, the blades, boom canopy, usual stuff. It looked like a mess. But the plane - oh boy - it was a writeoff. I was abused and the owner was so angry he threatened to beat me up and said I owed him 5 thousand dollars! But this was my flying area so I think it was his fault - i didn't say that, this dude was BIG. His plane was so noisy but i did not know where it was coming from, just sounded like one big noise! Anyway i gathered my wreckage and left the field as to be honest it didn't feel safe!

13. Crash Heligod

Dear @Johnnybgoode . What an excellent stunt! Two Crashes for one model! Superb! Very rare does that happen, you are truly gifted. I suggest if you continue flying at the same field you take a course of martial arts lessons - just incase!. Either that or work as a doctor or politician where money wont be an objective.