Mode 1 Vs Mode 2.. The War Continues!

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 28, 2014.

By smakmeharder on May 28, 2014 at 1:00 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So ok... Now we have seen some exceptional pilots using Mode 1! (Ducan Bossion) So maybe Mode1 is better for advanced maneuvers? Maybe Mode 1 is better all round? So what you think? Dont tell me - oh yes it depends on the pilot and for me if feels right bla bla bla... No. I want to know from a scientific viewpoint why mode 1 may be better than mode 2!

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 28, 2014.

1. Radar

Radar Moderator Staff Member

Ok!.....Ok!....... you've made me crack, so here we go.

I ended up Mode 2 by default because my first heli was purchased just for fun from ebay (Walkera #43B) it came mode 2. It wasn't until I made my first hobby store visit I even knew there were other modes. When I visited the store to buy my MSR the guys asked how long I had been flying and what mode, tried to convince me to change to mode 1 because I had not been flying for too long. I got the guy to show me what the different was and when he told me I said to him,"that just does not make any sense." I might change my car so when I turn the steering wheel left the car goes backwards and when I put the gear shift in R it turns left. Having a hobby store dude tell you he can't help you because you are not the same mode as him is like telling a three year old you can't help them because where not the same age. Really.....you can't teach someone to fly a heli just by telling them what corners to put the sticks in? You won't learn very fast that way trust me

Just for the record 95% of pilots that come to me for lessons are mode 1 not sure why, maybe the mode 2 guys just GET IT!

I am so glad I choose mode 2, kicks butt over mode 1 but at the end of the day whatever makes you fly your heli better..... you do!

When I asked Marco why he changed modes he's answer was: when I started trying to do manoeuvres in the reverse direction especially rev-tail manoeuvres it is much easy for the brain to get your head around it.

Mode 2 wins hands down I bet you crash visits the mode 1 guys a little more than us mode 2 guys Lol!

2. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Thank frack I dont do piro reversals crash stays away for the moment

3. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Hey @Radar
      You really need a lesson in logic, you are comparing apples with volleyball

Mo more drugs for that man (Face off quote!)
      simon

4. Radar

@simon what mode are you?

5. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Mode 1
      Both have advantages and disadvantages. I suppose the trick that gets the girls is the prioflip and variants on that, and in mode 2 I conceed it's easier. But I'm just a shiz pilot who likes to fly
      Simon

6. Radar

@simon ah so I am guessing you drive one of those funny cars too? Lol

7. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Whats a funny car for you @Radar?

8. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Well @Radar , depends on what special 'tablets' you are using as to how you perceive what I'm driving, or am I spiking a volleyball?.
      Simon

9. Radar

I love this forum I think this thread could go on for ever @simon, I thought I would just have a rant I was in the mood. :D

10. simon

simon Well-Known Member

That's cool @Radar, horses for courses I say, you are a great pilot, you can teach us try hards a lot, for sure.
      Simon
      you coming to the WSFI?

11. simon

simon Well-Known Member

ps, ATM my funny car is either a Kasama eco 90 or a Synergy N5c
      Simon
      look forward to playing together

12. Radar

I am trying finding it hard to find a baby sitting at the moment. And Berry is going out that night so may not be able to make the night activities also.

13. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Just bring her down but don't let her get drunk. you will need someone to drive home.

14. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Try to make it @Radar, I only saw you dancing round with a cape at PP2013, never got to talk, would like to get to know the man
      Simon

15. Radar

You guys are awesome I am working on it sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun had.

16. simon

simon Well-Known Member

This started out as a couple of people who like to fly heli's. Now this is the second time we have got together. It is very easy to fly heli's by yourself, but much more constructive when a lot of people get together, especially people with skills. @Jeff B has taught me heaps. I'm hoping @Radar will mentor a few guys ; then this sport can grow. If the great pilots are insular we are poked....
      Simon
      Sorry, A bit OT but wanting everyone to learn, have fun and be safe, guys like this make it happen

17. Min

Min Well-Known Member

Mode 1 I think will be better for controlling piroing stuff since the pilot learns the different orientations instead of pushing the stick in a circle. Mode 2 is better for planes when doing advanced rolling stuff for the same reason.

18. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Yep agree on the plane bit but you can do some sick shiz stirring the tail in mode 1

19. William

William Active Member

Is it really any different than pinch vs thumbs? What you learn first is the one you will revert to in an emergency?

I must confess I have not tried mode 1... Should I? Am I less of a man because I fly Mode 2? Will it make my swartz longer to fly mode 1?

20. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Yes, You will be more of a man if you fly mode 1
      Yes, Your Schwanz will be bigger, by an inch at least , trust Heligods.

I would only try it on the sim (no extra length for that!)
      Simon