Mode 1 Vs Mode 2.. The War Continues!

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 28, 2014.

By smakmeharder on May 28, 2014 at 1:00 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So ok... Now we have seen some exceptional pilots using Mode 1! (Ducan Bossion) So maybe Mode1 is better for advanced maneuvers? Maybe Mode 1 is better all round? So what you think? Dont tell me - oh yes it depends on the pilot and for me if feels right bla bla bla... No. I want to know from a scientific viewpoint why mode 1 may be better than mode 2!

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 28, 2014.

1. Radar

Radar Moderator Staff Member

This is pretty easy I think. Have you ever heard of a Mode 2 pilot changing to Mode 1.

2. feral

feral Well-Known Member

I did

3. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Marco swapped to mode 2 and you can still see the control seperation skills he learnt flying mode 1

4. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

Me to I wanted a challenge mode 2 looked way to easy. Lol

5. feral

feral Well-Known Member

I coundnt fly mode 2 for the life of me I grabed me mates mode 1 and it clicked straight away

6. Radar

Radar Moderator Staff Member

Control separation means nothing Mode 1 can mix up pitch and aileron or tail and elevator just as good as mode 2 can mix up pitch and tail or elevator and aileron. There is no difference their are great pilots both mode1 so there is no excuses for anyone being either mode.

7. feral

feral Well-Known Member

I knew id get a nibble.

Your 100% right @Radar
      I lean on the tail bad in tictocs.

I fly mode 1 cause its what I learnt on.
      There is no point in anyone changing modes they are better off sticking to what they already have the muscle memory for

8. smakmeharder

True @Radar - but it makes a good forum topic and MODE 2 RULES! (lol) Now please guys enlighten me. When i talk to other pilots - not all - but many mode 1 pilots secretly tell me they wish they learned using mode 2 instead. Cmon, step out of the closet and admit this for me! @feral you are a unique and special individual! This is the first pilot i have ever heard of changing from mode 2 to mode 1 and i want to put it out there... Has anyone else done this? Why did I switch from mode 1 to mode 2? A couple of reasons.. I was doing well with mode1 but do you think i could find tutorials? NO WAY it was all mode 2 (back a couple of years now) . I was also used to a flight sim and i believed the feel of Mode 2 it was more intuitive. Was it hard to change? Hell Yes incredibly hard - but by selling my soul to Crash Heligod it all became possible! It felt like i had to learn all over again. Would I change back to mode 1? If it made me fly like Dunkan - Yep! Do i think it would make me fly like Dunkan? Nope. So Im staying mode 2!

9. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Im talking the first month I was trying to teach myself how to fly it was only me and a mate in a cow paddock with no frikken idea his plank came mode 1 mine came mode 2 as soon as my plank got up it would snaproll into the deck while he was flying sweet.
      He eventualy gave me a crack on his and I was up straight away.
      I ditched my cheap radio and went down and got a mode 1 dx5e the next day

10. smakmeharder

Ahhh so you were not flying a heli first @feral ....interesting. I was told by a local hobby shop that mode 1 was the way to go. I just followed his advice. He was also a planker.

11. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I went mode 1 as the hobby shop said they couldn't help me if I went mode two...

Now it's too late... but mode one works well

Citizen#024

12. Andrew R

Andrew R Active Member

I fly mode 1, @simon helped me get started..... I took his advise he said "sure fly mode 2 but make sure you wear your pink dress out to the club";)

13. smakmeharder

LOL... Funny Andrew... Now I want to ask ... How many Mode 1 Pilots WISHED they were Mode 2? Comon speak up! Also say if you are completely satisfied with Mode 1? The same applies to Mode 2. How many Mode 2 Pilots are completely satisfied with Mode 2 and how many want to change? This is just to put some numbers on @Radar thoughts.

14. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

I used to fly mode 1 and tried mode 3... was okay but took alot of practice, decided mode 1 was for me

15. simon

simon Well-Known Member

As you have guessed from @Andrew R 's post, I am mode 1. I have thought about mode 2, but it's swings and roundabouts really, some tricks are easier mode 1, and some easier mode 2, simple as that. I'll be mode 1 forever, can't teach an old dumb dog new tricks

Simon

16. mr_squiggle

mr_squiggle Well-Known Member

Hah, I moved from Mode 3 to Mode 1 after a short while. Didn't help that the sim was mode 3 & the heli was mode 1 of course......

Citizen #186

17. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Aha yeah, that makes sense! :) mode 1 I just didnt have to think but mode 3 I did :p suppose it's an "internal wiring"kinda of thing

18. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Just go with what makes sense to you...

but I'll admit from years of gaming mode 2 made more sense... but I wanted the support... which I never used.... so yeah...

19. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Aha see when I am gaming I changed all my controls to the mode 1 style :p lol!

20. feral

feral Well-Known Member

I love games me and my dad had this mad game called cracker run.
      We'd time how long it took us to get to canberra to buy bungers then try and beat the time on the way back