Heli-x Simulator: Version 6 Released

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by The Informer, Feb 20, 2015.

By The Informer on Feb 20, 2015 at 10:13 PM
  1. The Informer

The Informer Administrator

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by The Informer, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Leroybrown238

Leroybrown238 New Member

Sick!!! Heli-X is my preferred Sim........

2. Johnnybgoode

Johnnybgoode Active Member

Whats good about it? is it better than Pheonix? what are its good points. The only sims I thought were worth anything were realflight and pheonix? Though some reviews on here talk about other sims as well. I wonder how this sim compares

3. Leroybrown238

Leroybrown238 New Member

While reading this post please understand that I'm a newbie and have only been flying for a couple of months.

When I decided to get into RC Heli a couple of months ago I read this thread from an Aussie on Helifreak:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=531380

I figured he knew way more than me so I just followed his advice and started using Heli-X. I have since got Phoenix and in my opinion the 'Hover Training' part of Heli-X is much better. I'm new to RC Heli and all I have really been concentrating on is my orientations. The 'Hover Training' option in Heli-X is great for this. Also, price was a factor. Heli- X cost about $80 and Phoenix in a shop was about $175 I think. You then have to purchase a USB cable for about $20 to use Heli-X (but this cable came with a CD with Phoenix on it).

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Thats actually a good review on HF @Leroybrown238. If you use Heli-X and it feels right, then the most important thing is how many hours you spend learning the basics. There are lots of tutorial videos around and i encourage you to try the heligods tutorials for a different perspective. I think simulators are similar to helicopters. When you are learning the fundamental stick movements, its not as critical compared to when you are doing super advanced and quick maneuvers. I compare it to training. Train on your sim - use it to learn your next objective - refine what you know and create a training routine (ie 10 mins going over what you know, 10 mins learning your next trick and 10 mins free style with tricks you know). So Heli-X should be fine for orientations and it may even be a great sim! I might see if there is a demo so i can try it..

5. Leroybrown238

Leroybrown238 New Member

There is a demo version. It's free and its great. It just limits the amount of helicopters and background scenes you can choose, but apart from that its a fully functioning version. Oh yeah, you do get a slightly annoying pop up that stops the Sim from time to time, but if you haven't paid a cent I'm sure you can handle that for a while.