Info Gyros - Where Too From Here?

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by 3D Heligod, Apr 9, 2014.

By 3D Heligod on Apr 9, 2014 at 10:57 AM
  1. 3D Heligod

3D Heligod Moderator Staff Member

Ok so all you people involved in they Gyro industry... Tell us. Whats the next step? Faster response rates? Hard Deck? Faster Piro Rates? On Field programming through your phone? So what will be the next thing in Gyros?

MY WISH LIST!

Super fast response time. No delay whatsoever between stick movement and servo throw

Super high resolution. Every gyro has a resolution (how granular the correction is) dependant upon the processors used internally. So if your doing FAST piroflips (past 740 DegP/Sec) , having a super high resolution gyro will ensure very smooth flips and rolls.

Field Setup Adjustment: Something you can adjust in the field

Light: must be incredibly light

Sensor Mount: Having a small sensor or no sensor is important.

Reliability: Pluging something in backwards should not kill it. This is a No Brainer (lol - brain V1? get it). Also sensors should withstand a hard crash and the gyro should hardly ever die.

Temperature tolerant/auto cal Sometimes that first flight may be a bit dogey due to the sensors changing to the ambient temperature

Problem/vibe logging

Vibe Tolerance.

Fail Safe and safety features a must

Bank Switching - maybe..

WHAT I DONT CARE ABOUT:

Auto recovery. This I think is great for learners but for more advanced flyers a waste of time UNLESS the heli gets away from you.

Hard Deck: Unless it can be set to 30cm off the ground I don't care.

So let me know... Whats coming up?

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by 3D Heligod, Apr 9, 2014.

1. jockstrap

jockstrap Active Member

2. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Spartan Vortex ive been flying the nano on a Hd cell fricken insane im considering swapping all my birds over to it

3. ToddMoriarty

ToddMoriarty Well-Known Member

V3 has a BertK preset!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Really? @ToddMoriarty ... so berts settings are programmed into the V3? wow.. That is awesome. And @jockstrap I know the cheaper ones are out there but i just cant see myself ever putting something like that on my helis.... If i was hovering.. even then... I cant see the quality and testing/reliability/support the same... and unfortunately for the companies that put the hard work into R&D these gyro ripoffs in my opinion are basically unethical and make it harder for new development to progress.

5. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Itching to try that out I stuffed my datapod cant update till I get a new one

6. ToddMoriarty

It is in the Style presets under Setup:

[​IMG]

7. ToddMoriarty

Setup:Wizard:Style

8. smakmeharder

How Cool is that!... Now the question is... Will it make us fly like Bert? At least were part of the way there with the gyro setup! Very nice indeed.

9. ToddMoriarty

I can guarantee it won't make me fly like Bert! The only smack in my style is the sound that happens when Crash sees me getting cocky near trees...

10. 3D Heligod

3D Heligod Moderator Staff Member

@ToddMoriarty that is so funny dude...Gotta watch out for crash near trees for sure, I remember reading your tree episode!. But guess what - @Storm HeliGod is now causing havoc and aptly so - she is a female and understands helis too. Not only do we have to battle our personal heli demons but Storm AND Crash are there to inch the hurdles up just one more notch. Actually we are so excited to have a female personality on-board - good times ahead!

11. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha dude I know that sound well

12. ToddMoriarty

Storm spent plenty of time in the states last month. Sunny and 60s F all week, snow and ice every weekend, the entire month of March!

13. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Wet season in sydney this month 2 mate frikken raining every day

14. smakmeharder

Same in Melbourne... I don't know where its all coming from!

15. feral

feral Well-Known Member

My guess would be the sky man ;)

16. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I have been flying beastx since I converted to FBL about 2 1/2 years ago. I know it`s outdated technology, compared to a lot of the new controllers available nowadays. But it works for me, and my style of flying for the moment. I also like the fact that no computer is needed to set it up, or change a setting at the field. Not to mention, that setup is extremely easy and straight forward. Maybe one day, when/if my flying gets a lot better...I might look into another system. But for now, beatx just works for me. :)

17. smakmeharder

I used to have 3 Beast Xs and I love this gyro. Exactly as you say, it just works. For the price its really good value. The only reservation I have about the gyro is that it seems to be a bit quirky in fast piroflips. Normal piroflips fine, but on a 450 at max tail it sometimes is not as accurate as some of the more expensive gyros. But i have a real soft spot for the Beast X. My first flybarless gyro and it served me very well. Currently I fly the cgy750 and once you know how to set that up it is a very nice smak gyro. I have heard great things about the Spartan as well and also the Brain. I cant comment on VBar, never owned one.

18. jockstrap

jockstrap Active Member

Spartans were/are the "Bee's Knees" in tail gyros... Will be too in FBL gyro I think ;) Angelos has just been taking his time getting it right..

Beastx are great too - Definitely not outdated as same tech as all the rest really.. I have a beastx in my HeliXHeli gasser, very smooth flying heli... unfortunately, the tail kept blowing out in both my 450's with Beastx, swapped to kbar's, no more issues.. exactally same hardware, no change. Have owned several beastx's too so not new to them either..

@smakmeharder - hear what you're saying.. I do own several real vbars too :).. but just like trying anything new and techie..