Question? Fast Piro Pitch Pumps

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Nov 5, 2014.

By smakmeharder on Nov 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Im trying to set up my choper so that when i do FAST piro pitch pumps (not slow fluffy ones) the heli does not shoot of on a random vector. If i do piro pitch pumps long and slow - No problem but doing them on the 700 really fast inbetween maneuvers low to the ground, even a 10 degree offshoot can creates issues - you dont want the heli vectoring towards you. So does anyone know how to set the heli up so this can be achieved?

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Nov 5, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

And @3dmick if you say its because i dont use VBAR i am going to send @Crash Heligod to your house to live for the next month!

2. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Haha mAybe it's time you started to slow things down mate you are getting older you know lol

3. smakmeharder

LOL..@3dmick.. I have something to say...... its better to burn out than to fade away!!!! I would rather die with a carbon blade through my skull rather than s l o w i t d o w n ...

4. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

I new that would get a reaction lol

5. smakmeharder

6. jockstrap

jockstrap Active Member

As far as Im aware -nothing special needs to be setup..

Ask Feral as he does them all the time at our club - he "left" piros as well to help "unload" the motor.
      He uses a spartan gyro.

I tried the other night on my old V3 realflight sim and it was all over the place as you say - but went out the field today and happened to briefly try - heli stayed dead level... I can't do them real quick but as quick as I could - seems all ok.. just not fancy like Feral can do.. :(

BUT - I was using a vbar - lol...

PS: Maybe, because you are trying real hard to do them real fast you may be inadvertantly inputing some aileron without realising ???

7. William

William Active Member

Setting your gains as high as you can get them without any wobble, and ensure your swash is as level as possible, also CoG is kinda important.

8. smakmeharder

Ok, thanks @William and @jockstrap. I do have my COG sorted and i also can do them slowly without issues - but when i slam it (I do it up high to test) it will kick out. Its almost as if the torque of the rotors is throwing it off kilter. I like to tail slide flip on its back, piro - pogo then rainbow and into fast piroflips. If it kicks back to wards me during the pogo it can get pretty scary...