Video Crash Heligod Got Me!

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 30, 2015.

By smakmeharder on May 30, 2015 at 4:27 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well every year it happens. I can fly long periods without incident. As soon as the HeliGods funfly comes up @Crash Heligod gets excited and puts the hammer down. I am sure he uses me as a warm up. While flying the shiz out of my 380 the tail belt ejected. I was really smacking it pretty hard. I dont know how the frame survived. Honestly it would have left my minip in splinters.

Oh well. Here is Crash gloating over another victory.....

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 30, 2015.

1. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Hahaha i love the crash interview so funny dude

2. smakmeharder

Yes - Crash is getting to me! It was scary being at the heli field all alone when there was only crash and I...

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Dang.. Still belt problems.. Motor belt is sorted now just to work out the tail belt

4. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Interesting conversation in more ways than one....
      Simon

5. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

Well well well.... have a little cry did we @smakmeharder? Did I steal your little girlfriend just like I promised I would? The honeymoon is over @smakmeharder. Your heli saw the light - jumped the fence and ended up with a real man. Ohhhhhh its such a nice little heli! Muah ha ha ha....

6. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

You were warned @smakmeharder ...... You mentioned the possibility of @Crash Heligod stealing your new girl..... and by mere suggestion, spoke it into existence. Never underestimate the powers of suggestion!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    7. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

@smackmeharder I am with you. It hurts when our helis go down. It doesn't matter if it was dumb sticks or hardware failure because we prefer to fly and have fun instead of ordering parts and rebuilding.

I crashed my stretched HK600GT recently and it was painful because I made obvious simple mistake. It hurts our pride when we have to confess such dumb errors. I did not fix lipo good enough and one of them got loose and hit the blade.

In your case it was not your error so your pride was not hurt, fortunatelly.

Actually you can be proud because Goblins in general have strong drive trains and you reached its limits.

My pain is also not devastating because I have plenty of parts in stock and 700 was rebuilt in one evening and "remaidened" already. It actually behaves better than before the crash.

I was surpassed by minimal damage in this last crash. I lost only:
      - one alu landing skid, but plastic parts of landing gear are in tacy
      - one blade with LEDs for night flights, but I recverded LEDs and those were $30 TGY 700mm CF blades
      - one canopy mount, I did not find it at night
      - bended main shaft
      - one tooth in Assault main gear, I replaced it with quieter Trekker slant mod 1.0 gear
      - one tail support
      - I did not find two RJX push rods from FBL 50 head.

Tail boom and TT were slightly bent but I straightened them and tester in flight. They work like charm.

Sometimes if we do not crash for a long time we became less carefull. Next lesson learned for me.

Good luck @smackmeharder!

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    8. smakmeharder

Thank you @utrinque Yes pushing hard and often has its costs. I was just starting to get comfortable with some lower and harder stuff as well. Oh well.. such is life! It was one of the harder crashes i ever had unfortunately.

9. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

My friend Benji has some experience with custom belts in Agile 7.2. Did you consider getting stronger belt from another custom vendor?

10. smakmeharder

Interestingly the belt did not snap. It came off the pulley so i am thinking that I need to run the belt even tighter or put a pulley guide on it. There is a new pulley guide available, just released after i crashed... lol.. Thank you very much @utrinque