Build Complete!

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Feb 16, 2015.

By Geena on Feb 16, 2015 at 7:59 AM
  1. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Well it took a little longer than I thought it would. But I finished the TSA 600E build about an hour ago, and test hovered it in the back yard. I would have been finished sooner, but I went full OCD with the wiring. I do have one minor little thing to do yet, which is to re-route the ESC leads and put a new housing on them. Aside from that, the build went well and it looks great.

001 (1024x683) (2).jpg 004 (1024x683) (1024x683).jpg 007 (1024x668).jpg 008 (1024x665) (1024x665).jpg 009 (1024x681).jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Feb 16, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

How do you build a helicopter so fast? You must have divine inspirations from the gods I am sure... the heligods! So how does it feel in the air?

2. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

This is my 10th TSA build, so I can build them without even opening the manual now..LOL I only hovered it for a few minutes in my test area out back, but it was rock solid. hands off hover on the first go, and I`m very happy about that. I have been tinkering with minor little quirks...just things I didn`t like that were more cosmetic than anything. For one, the Scorpion 130 ESC was way too large to fit properly into the provided mounting bracket. Which caused the ESC caps and power leads to show at the bottom of the canopy. That one was more than cosmetic though, as the caps were exposed and could have easily been damaged. I moved the ESC to the electronics tray, rerouted the power leads and throttle wires...and bam. Problem solved. Second, I fixed the series connector to the left frame with double side tape and a cable strap to clean up the wiring a little more. I noticed that one of the sats did not have fuel tube to protect the antennas so I put some on it. I also decided to cut the velcro out of the lightening holes of the battery tray, because the whole thing being solid was ugly. :rolleyes: I re-heat shrinked some wires after these photos were done ( the ESC power leads) and then went back over the whole helicopter to make sure nothing was missed. Seriously...someone needs to come over here and take my tools away from me for the rest of the night, so I`ll leave this critter alone...LOL

011 (1024x649).jpg 014 (1024x583).jpg 017 (1024x683).jpg 022 (1024x645).jpg

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

The canopy color suits the body color very nicely. As do the Zeal Blades. It looks like a nice setup..

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    4. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Very nice. What's with all the electrolytic capacitors at the speed controller leads? noise suppression?

5. jockstrap

jockstrap Active Member

Very nice build Geena - nice and clean..

But can you do me a favour and straighten those flaming Sat antenna wires and heatshrink them please - lol (he he he)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    6. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

If you mean the large plug which is cable strapped to the frame.....that is my series connector. :)

7. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I did that about 10 minutes after I posted these photos ;)

8. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

The little black can shaped thingies where the wires go into the black shrink-wrap at the speed controller. Those are capacitors, and I assume they are for filtering unwanted electrical noise. Most likely put there since they are too big to fit inside the controller. Just curious.

9. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

oh yeah I'm not sure exactly what they do but there are four of them.