Help Bk Brain Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by iggy, Nov 2, 2015.

By iggy on Nov 2, 2015 at 3:44 AM
  1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi guys

I need to know something.. Just gone trough the Brain setup for my 570 to see if the servos work. Everything seems to work very well but the cyclic servos are never calm.

First I thought its because Im in Setup mode. But even if I power the system without usb there is this servo tweeting you can hear in the video. All three cyclics are receiving some minimal inputs and moving a little little bit. Tail servo is calm but works. All movements are correct. No binding.

I dont think thats up to the servos. The fbl unit is new. Its my fist brain. But I cant imagine that its normal..

Setup is done correctly (200 HZ for cyclics). Powered on 2s over two ports (channel 2/aux & channel 3/s-rec). Rx pack voltage 7.7V. No esc plugged in to throttle channel. Brain is updated.

Please leave me some input here.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by iggy, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Just a guess......gain too high?

2. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

I cant find a "cyclic gain" setup point in the software.. If i hit the "neutral mode" and the gyro switches off everything is dead calm. So its up to the brain and not the servos 100%.

I still have my beastx.. But yeah.. try to figure this shiz out first.

3. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

That's normal @iggy some servos are noisy like that.. %100 fine to fly

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

If i recall there were 3 trimpots on the beast x. Now it may well be fine as @The Dude pointed out. IE it may fly quite well. But if cyclic gain is to high you might be fighting the heli through manoeuvres. Trimpot 1 controlled the cyclic gain from memory if it requires any adjustment.

5. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Gain has no effect on the bench ... RE servo buzz .. I have had lots of servos that buzz, Always been fine .. Of course tune your gains in flight as @smakmeharder has said.

6. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I think it's fine too, I have the same buzzing from my tail on my G700, and it flies fine. You can probably find a point on the stick where the buzzing stops. I think it's where the servos are between a point of resolution and they step backwards and forwards, this is only a guess - I am probably wrong. Could have something to do with the dead band as well (another fools guess). I'd fly it and check it out if I was you - it will be fun.
      Simon

7. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi guys

Thanks for your inputs.

So you really think its up to the servos.. Even if its fine to fly its kind of annoying isnt it?

The BL815 cyclics on my 700 have been dead calm on the bench if I dont move my sticks.

And how to explain that the bk's in my goblin become calm when I enable "neutral mode" in the advanced settings of the brain, wich turns the gyros off...?

@simon there is no stick position where they are calm. They make less noises on full negative pitch. But they still do. there is also enough deadband.

Looks like I should try to put my Beastx in and see whats happening..

8. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Sometimes servos chatter - never bothered me, I had the align HV on the tail, very chattery, with the stick position, you may need some aileron and / or elevator to stop the noise, not just collective - try that. Try a different FBL for sure if you want, the problem isn't one that will ground your heli. Good luck and keep us informed - just fly that sucker, you will never hear the servos over the crack of those blades when smaking it up.
      Simon

9. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Ok I plugged in my Brain unit to my 700L Doninator with BL815H cyclics. - Dead calm.

When I look at the specs of the bk7001 and the bl815h the align servos are the winners. Price says also something. Bk 90.- dollar / align 150.- dollar ....

• Informative Informative x 2
      • List
    10. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I am changing my cyclic bl815's for BK's on my G700, one of them got so hot I could smell the burning (I thought it was the esc!), whatever works for you. Try the Aligns for sure - and another FBL, you have to be happy with it, number one rule. As Nike would say "Just Fly it"
      Simon

11. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Ok fine. Some servos chatter, some of them get hot.. The Align cyclics have worked perfect for 45 flights. So I gonna switch as my 700 is going to be sold. The BKs work no question. But that chattering is annoying me. Just a personal preference as I like to have it perfect. Thats why I bought a goblin and not to have it noisy.. ;)

12. hardsy

hardsy Member

My BK's chatter/buzz like yours! They seem to work well, but man it drives me nuts if I'm doing a setup!
      Futaba's are nice and quiet, but twice the price.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • List
    13. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I'd go BK's over aligns personally, put up with some servo chatter.. AND FLY
      Simon

14. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Like I said the Align specs are better. But many of us know.. Some Align servos can be faulty. These here work great, I flew them. Im going with the BL815's cuz its really driving me crazy when setting up like @hardsy said and it gives me just a bad feeling to fly it like that even if I believe people here that its normal 100%.

Thanks to everybody.

15. simon

simon Well-Known Member

bump