Question? What Is The Absolute Best Tail System?

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 23, 2014.

By smakmeharder on Oct 23, 2014 at 9:41 AM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

I have seen a few different tail setups in the past. So i am wondering what is the absolute best performing tail system out there.

The new Align tail system looks good.

kx019011_f8.jpg

There there is the Heneselit tail system

img_3774.jpg

Vortex Tail System

MH-VT2026D_l.jpg MH-VT2142DTS_l.jpg

Alees Rush 750

rush750-7.jpg

So are there any other unique designs you can think of and which system is the superior one?

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 23, 2014.

1. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

First I respected your opiniom because I do not have experience with fancy electronics.

Do you agree that for each gearing there should be "sweet spot" RPM?

TDR tail ratio is high so TDR has sweet spot at lower RPM than Align which has lower ratio and tail behaves better at higher RPM.

We can usually change pinions to get desired RPM for different motor kV and cell count in lipo setup (e.g. 8S, 10S, 12S).

Changing tail ratio is usually not possible or complicated. We can have broad range of pinions but only one posible stock tail ratio.

Align is interesting considering that 550-600-700-800 can accept man gear in with 112-118 teeth. Yes 600 main gear 118 from 600 PRO fits even 800. All you need is motor mount with regulation e.g. from KDE or modification of motor mount with dremel.

I wonder if your preference ragarding "perfect tail" is related to your prefered RPM.

I hope I am clear.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    2. Retssaf

Retssaf Member

all heli's have a sweet spot and this is usually at a certain RPM , running the right motor power to weight with the correct gearing will help get you there , there are a lot of contributing factors to find that sweet spot , blades ,weight , gearing , electronics ,RPM and the correct settings in the FBL unit for the style you require .

TDR should never have a headspeed higher than 1950 and the tail works extremely well at that headspeed with 110 Radix , but IMO the TDR is a very soft 3D machine , it really is designed to go fast and big air , but is also very capable of soft mild 3D.

the tail on the Logo 700 Xxtreme is perfect on all 3 headspeeds that i run , 1950,2050,2150 , this is what makes it #1 for me .

heres a recent vid of my 700 , not the cleanest flight but you can see how locked in that tail is .

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    3. utrinque

Thank you. In generał I do not subcribe to TDR "magic hype". Should I become Mikado beliver?

I do not want to buy Mikado kit.

4. Retssaf

Retssaf Member

dont under estimate the TDR it is a wonderful machine and i would still have one if i didn't have a Banshee and TDR 2 on the way .

i wasn't a Mikado Heli fan , flew a 600 and wasn't really impressed , too floaty for me and all i heard about the 700 was that it was heavy and puffed packs on 12S , I have been using Vbar from day 1 and last year after buying a VBC i was so impressed with the VBC that i had to give one of their heli's another go so i went for the Logo 700 , with 14S capable electronics readily available i really wanted to find out why Kyle Dahl is so good , after trying a couple of motors i found the correct combo for my style and found out why Kyle is so good , Its the Heli :D

again it all comes down to what you want from a Heli , for fast big air i love my Banshee , for smack and 3D I love the Logo 700 , can also handle big air but sucks big juice .

5. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

When you get the heli frame manufacturer that's the same as the fbl unit manufacturer, the tail geometry is going to be optimal. Kudos to mikado.

I am a Mikado Believer. And when it comes to considering my next helicopter, the xxtreme 700 is on top of the list, especially if its anything like my 480 xxtreme .

I even bought a 2nd hand mikado logo 500, and its easily the smoothest helicopter I have flown. I still can't believe, how I got a second hand dirt cheap helicopter and its, dare I say it, next to perfect.

Yes they are floaty.

Very clever Fasster.

6. utrinque

Do not underestimate Gartt 800 :cool:

I would not exchange it for TDR nor TDR2.

Honestly I like the looks of 800 XXTREME especially canopy.

With 14S setup I would put 1000mm blades on it and fly 800 RPM. :)

7. Adolf

Adolf Active Member

The one that works !

8. dazelec

dazelec Active Member

Pretty good reliable setup.

n5ctt_tail_two_site_pic.jpg

Attached Files:

9. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

I was going to take a happy snap of my Hirobo Turbulence D3 Dominick Haegele edition tail.

But, I have decided to face reality, it does not have the absolute best tail system,

This is the best tail system. Stop fooling yourselfs and accept reality.

hqdefault.jpg