Info The Arrivals...

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by iggy, Oct 21, 2015.

By iggy on Oct 21, 2015 at 1:47 AM
  1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

image.jpeg Something new is coming in a few days..!! :)

I just bought this 6S Gob yesterday. Its like new, just a few easy flights on it. The Xnova motor has been used for two hours in an other bird. Bk 7001/7006, Kontronik Jive 100A+ LV with BEC, Optipower 450 mah backup supply.

I ordered a msh brain for this one. Want to try it out. And of course the prog interface for the kontronik esc.

My Aligns will be sold soon. I will miss the 700 cuz its customized but when you have play everywhere after 40 flights there is no reason to go on with that company anymore..

What do you think on my decision?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by iggy, Oct 21, 2015.

1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

What about that kontronik 100A esc @3dmick? Is that enough for 6s? Im not gonna smack it like you anyway!

2. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Hi mate for a 6s set up that should be ok
      I'm running a castle 120hv on 12s in my 570

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I ran a castle 120 for both 6s and 12s setup... if you think you are going 12s down the track, get an esc that can do both.. save the headache later.

4. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I had a 570 for a short while, and believe me...it flies like a 700. You`ll be happy with it.

5. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

The kontronik 100 is allready in there. Its called 100+. But there is no information about the peak on the net. Therefore I asked kontronik directly for their opinion.

I will fly it this way. If I think I need more power I switch everything to 12s and get a hps3! :D

6. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Kontronik usually under rate their specs. IE they are quality speedys. Try the 6s but allways remember a 12s is there - just waiting for you!

7. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

My first Goblin finally arrived!!!! :) my first impression was like.. damn this colours look so good in real. The camera coulnt even capture this crazy yellow painture.
      Its realy like new. The guy who sold it didnt lie. He made a few flights, shiz his pants and thats it.
      I just started to swap out the original silver washers for red ones. I do this for luck. Its a crash protection. ;)
      The brain is also here. :) time to set this thing up. Im so happy right now like its Christmas allready! I told you I still believe in Santa. :D
      There are some canopy quick releases mounted. A great feature!
      My Align helis can go now, I will not cry for them.

image.jpeg
      image.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    8. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Done with Align are you? I suppose I can't blame you there. Seems like a natural progression these days. I'm just now entering my "Align" (clone) phase, I'll probably be there for awhile. Good luck with the Goblin. :)

9. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Yes Im done with them. I will practice on the 570 for a long time! The Size is just perfect.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    10. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

First step done.. :)

image.jpeg
      image.jpeg

11. smakmeharder

Very nice... very nice and versatile helicopter. Are you using a lynx super strong main gear? With your style of flying @iggy you may very well need it.

12. simon

simon Well-Known Member

You running 6 or 12s on this @iggy ?
      Simon

13. smakmeharder

What sort of connector is sticking out the front of your heli @iggy? Is that the main battery connector?

14. smakmeharder

what xnova motor is that @iggy ...

15. simon

simon Well-Known Member

;looks like an xt90

16. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

@smakmeharder and @simon it is truely a beautiful design. Im really happy with it as it looks much better in real life then on the pictures.

6S setup, Xnova 4025 1120kv goblin B version (shorter motor shaft), everything is stock. I hope to keep the main gear alive on 6s. But I'll also keep an eye on it cuz I like to smack sometimes. We will see..

Yeah the connector.. It is a xt90. But I will switch to EC5 as all my Gens 60c 5000 packs have the same. Cant wait to see what this packs can do with this setup.

The only thing Im not sure about at the moment is if I should go 6V for electronics with the integrated kontronik BEC (master & slave) or if I should run HV with a rx pack. I have a pack here witch would even fit. But its 3500 mah and 140 gramms.. What do you think guys? The kontronik 100+ is a 6S esc with no HV BEC. Maximum is 6V.

The Goblin 570 will become my everyday horse. A reliable piece of art I want to make even better over the time. It will be my only heli soon as Im selling the Aligns. I saw some upgrade features from lynx such as the landing gear mounts, the alu bell crank leveler but maybe they should stay plastic so they can break if I crash. An other upgrade would be the motor mount from the carbon edition. But this just for the look as the Xnova motors are not the hot runners. Not to forgett about the blackline blades or even hps3!

If I go to 12S one day I would also replace the motor pulley for the one of the 630 Goblin. Then I could run the 13mm motor belt instead of the 9mm original.

Thats it. Im staring at it all the time. Its so nice an there is so much options. I like it when there is something to upgrade. A full carbon canopy would be nice as well. But Im in love with the screamin' yellow I have. :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    17. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

There we go! Swapped out the chattering cyclic BK servos for Align BL815H's. I know that this 3 servos work perfect. The specs are even better then BK7001's.

Then the wiring thing.. I wanted it clean. Very clean. Damn it took me half a day! My back really hurts from sitting in front of that bench. But its worth. Look at the result.

A bench spool up told me Im on the right way. The belt behavior looks good so far. But that was without blades. I tightened the belts pretty hard. I hope its enough!

18. HeliGods

HeliGods Mark - Administrator Staff Member

*Bump*

19. simon

simon Well-Known Member

bump

20. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

image.jpeg Ready for the maiden! Wish me luck.. :)