Notice The 380 Packathon - 50 Flights In One Day With Goblin 380

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 3, 2015.

By smakmeharder on Oct 3, 2015 at 6:29 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yep.... thats right. Just back from doing 50 hard smak flights in one day at MRCHC. And i even learned a new trick as a result. I must say that when I hit flight number 23 things started to get a bit difficult. But kept pushing and pushing, rang @The Dude and he said "Push it to 30!!!"..

So i did, I pushed it to 30 flights.... Then I rang @The Dude again to tell him and he said .... "Push it to 40!!!" So i did! I was flying and changing packs so fast.... Flying 4, then running back to the charger and putting them on while i flew the next 3 and by the time i finished those three the 4 I put on charge were only 5 minutes out. So i got to 42 and i rang @The Dude to tell him and started packing my stuff. He said "Push it to 50!!!" Holy shiz it was getting cloudy and so was my brain!

But anyway I did - i put through another 8 packs and got to 50 flights in one day!!! MAN it was great fun and @Storm Heligod put on a show as well with 25 knot winds for most the day. What a buzz! I dont know if i can beat 50 packs in one day ever again....I gotta thank @The Dude If he did not tell me to keep going i would have stopped at 30 flights for sure.... I thought i was cooked then..lol

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 3, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yes it was dam scary actually. It happened very quickly - one minute fine then the next minute a problem. I had my heli screaming in a tail first hurricane which i sometimes fly a meter or two behind where i stand to the right of field - because it looks so cool. Its still way over 15 meters away but I consider it risky because of the type of maneuver. Anyway while performing this hurricane at an ungodly speed the tail just suddenly twitched and the heli could have easily gone smacking into the ground. I recovered, gave her the once over and found the slop. Considering i run my head close to 4000 rpm, that's pretty impressive.

2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I suspect that tail twitch was a momentary bearing seizure.