Notice The 380 Packathon - 50 Flights In One Day With Goblin 380

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 3, 2015.

By smakmeharder on Oct 3, 2015 at 6:29 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yep.... thats right. Just back from doing 50 hard smak flights in one day at MRCHC. And i even learned a new trick as a result. I must say that when I hit flight number 23 things started to get a bit difficult. But kept pushing and pushing, rang @The Dude and he said "Push it to 30!!!"..

So i did, I pushed it to 30 flights.... Then I rang @The Dude again to tell him and he said .... "Push it to 40!!!" So i did! I was flying and changing packs so fast.... Flying 4, then running back to the charger and putting them on while i flew the next 3 and by the time i finished those three the 4 I put on charge were only 5 minutes out. So i got to 42 and i rang @The Dude to tell him and started packing my stuff. He said "Push it to 50!!!" Holy shiz it was getting cloudy and so was my brain!

But anyway I did - i put through another 8 packs and got to 50 flights in one day!!! MAN it was great fun and @Storm Heligod put on a show as well with 25 knot winds for most the day. What a buzz! I dont know if i can beat 50 packs in one day ever again....I gotta thank @The Dude If he did not tell me to keep going i would have stopped at 30 flights for sure.... I thought i was cooked then..lol

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 3, 2015.

1. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I figured if I told him to keep pushing he would put it in... He is way overdue for a crash... So dissapointed..... But congratulations are in order.. well done !

2. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Crazy effort man! I'm lucky to do 50 flights in a month lol.

3. smakmeharder

I gotta say.... my brain is bleeding atm... lol

4. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Do you have a smack video with the 380 somewhere?

5. smakmeharder

@The Dude has my camera, he is doing some mods. Soon @iggy i will have some video to post....

6. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

That ain't right. You must be a @Crash Heligod sympathizer.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • List
    7. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Is @smakmeharder trying to achieve Heligod status? 50 packs? That sounds like a near-supernatural act to me! :eek:
      Smakmeharder Heligod..... seems possible. ;)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    8. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

.....or would that be Goblin Heligod?

9. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

@smakmeharder is dodging bullets. I nearly had him twice yesterday - and i promise you all when i get him it will be a good one! Not just bent feathershafts.... Oh no i have something much better in plan for him. Keep bragging @smakmeharder - EVERY helicopter has a number on it.....muah ha ha ha

10. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Deductive reasoning dictates that number is obviously greater than 350. Go for 500 @smakmeharder !!:D

11. smakmeharder

Yes @Beaver i think at 500 i am going to pull the pin and change the belts. I will also post photos of how the belts look at 500 flights and see what you think. Thats if i get there of course. I know @Crash Heligod is so eager to bury my heli at the moment. Every flight i feel him breathing over my shoulder. Make s me focus even more!!!

12. Burgo

Burgo New Member

50 Hard smak flights in one day and not meeting up with crash heligod @smakmeharder!!! That my boy deserves "legendary status"!! well done.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    13. smakmeharder

@Burgo crash nearly had me twice that day. I was just lucky... the wind plus the repetition and trying something new - the dying light. I know some people say its stupid - and probably right to some extent. But i just wanted to see how far i can push this heli and myself i guess....I can now change a battery pack in under 20 seconds...lol

14. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Endurance Heligod?

15. smakmeharder

Maybe stupid heligod.... lol.. I never won a trophy and melted my packs... But it was fun.

16. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Pushing the limits of man and machine...... that's the stuff legends are made of. :cool:

17. simon

simon Well-Known Member

A pakathon 'The Heligods Pakathon - raising money for {insert your favorite charity here}' could be a good money raiser, you get sponsored for every pack you fly, like one dollar. I think mere mortals would be lucky to do twenty. I'm not sponsoring @smakmeharder though - that's one for the wood ducks, he'll probably do 100 next time....He's a machine.
      Simon

18. smakmeharder

LOL, i missed this post @simon Hey thats a great idea! what about getting people to get their club to make a fund raiser instead of selling chocolates! lol.

Anyway the 380 Goblin finally developed a fault.

The tail bearing ended up wearing and creating 3mm lateral slop on the tail shaft. Not bad, the total amount of flights got to 425 (i flew every day on the home run). I could still fly it but its time to change the belts and give her a once over....

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    19. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

425, huh? Impressive! 3mm lateral slop on tail shaft.... that would make tail pitch a bit wobbly wouldn't it?