Thanks A Lot Mate!

Discussion in 'Crash Heligod' started by NevErSn0w, Apr 21, 2014.

By NevErSn0w on Apr 21, 2014 at 8:19 AM
  1. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

So, yesterday morning nice day, wind across the paddock, took the Warp up, first speed pass okay, only slow, tried some tic tocs ok etc. Cut some grass, second speed pass, nose up and down then walls its self straight into the ground! Mains, broken, tails broken, main frames, broken, main and auto rotation gear broken, battery dead, canopy useable but smashed, tail belt broken, servo horns, all broken, servo gears one stripped and much more! Been a bad day yesterday! why did you have to do this Crash? While im on holidays?
    Cheers lads
    Darcy

Comments

Discussion in 'Crash Heligod' started by NevErSn0w, Apr 21, 2014.

1. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I'm seriously hoping that wasn't the G Speed!!! NoSnow
      Our thoughts are with you
      Simon

2. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Nah wasnt the G Speed, motor is due to arrive next thursday and then ill give the G Speed a run! Thanks mate! Was pretty awesome when all the dust flew up when it hit the deck!

3. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't read the post carefully enough, should let the eyes focus after hopping out of bed before reading my favorite forum. My Bad. It is pretty awesome yet simultaneously sickening when they go in (unless you are Min flying someone else's bird)
      So the speed is close, very cool, make sure you get a video of the maiden, and take it slowly (if there is such a thing for a G Speed!). I don't think Crash has one of those yet. Don't be the first.
      I'll still get down at some stage
      Take care my Friend
      Simon

4. simon

simon Well-Known Member

The damage you describe sounds like a re-kit
      Simon

5. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Yep, rekit is what it is! Picked up a 300x for the rest of my holidays in Adelaide but when I get back to Tas ill get the rekit!
      Yeah, my first reaction was F..... second was thats a big dust cloud, third was man this is gonna cost!
      Speed is super close! Video of Maiden will be a deffinate, ill take it slow and careful, now living in Launceston City mate so we'll need to make a trip to the field!
      You too Simon!
      Darcy

6. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Could have posibly found out about retreating blade stall?

7. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Reckon that's possible on a 450 spinning at 3+k? I think it would have rolled over to the stalled side if that happened, but I am just guessing. Sounds like an FBL issue to me, nose up then nose down at high speed.

Simon

8. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Probably right there simon my ikon on my rexy500 is extremely pitchy at high speed

9. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

I think it was retreating blade stall, my ikon was fine setup was awesome when I was using the Compass Mains but then changed over to RJX for a try, had to re tune everything and it was never the same

10. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Then I think it was probably too much flex in the RJX's. You heli would have rolled to the right if the retreating blades had stalled. also, if one set of blades stalled, all sets of blades would stall (at a given airspeed), it's the physics of the spinning blades.
      If it pitched up a tiny bit at high speed, the heli will go into a savage wall, I think a little bit of flex, showed the underside of the disk to the air and BOOM, your heli is smoked
      Simon
      Your thoughts @feral

11. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Ohkay, that makes sense! Eithway it walled straight into the ground from 5 meters up

12. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

Dear @NevErSn0w ... You must sometimes realize that I need holidays too. So I hitched a ride and thus far I have had a wonderful time and I thank you dearly. Unfortunately as you must play I must play as well. Thank you for the precious memories. I shall place the soul of your helicopter on top of my graveyard heap because its very very special..

Yours eternity

Crash muah ha ha ha

13. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Your right on there @simon retreating stall would have rolled right sounds like the blade flex too me
      As I said my ikon is extreamly pitchy when the 500 is flat bickys sounds like ol mate has grabbed a fistfull of cyclic after the nose pitched up

14. simon

simon Well-Known Member

We have all done it...Panic - Fistful of cyclic
      Did you get onto the methanol (search industrial chemical supplies) You should get 20l for $50
      Simon

15. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Yeah I found a distributor for coogee but there in qld it $45 for 20l plus post it still beats the shiz outa payin 100 a drum
      Thanks again man

16. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

It was really weird, it just walled straight at the ground, I didn't make any imput until it was TH when it hit the deck, just kept 3/4 throttle/pitch and virtually no elevator just enough for nose to stay down

17. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Great!, you should find it locally.
      Also, the shipping on DD is normally for 120 liters flat, so get a group together, buy 5 drums and have it shipped for the same flat rate
      Simon

18. simon

simon Well-Known Member

It's the sound that hurts the most, that dull 'thump', and the anxiety when you know it's going to happen. Good luck with GS maiden (take it easy @NevErSn0w)

19. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

Yes..... That Dull thump... It goes right through you, all the way to your wallet.