Question? Setting Sv.limit Question

Discussion in 'Futaba CGY750 FBL System' started by Stuart, Jul 20, 2014.

By Stuart on Jul 20, 2014 at 12:12 AM
  1. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Recently installed the CGY750 and had some assistance from @The Dude in setting it... Thanks ..

Any an odd thing happened in the test flight. On left rudder it just seemed to take off way quicker and much further than the minimal stick input I gave.

I panicked and had a rather ugly landing (crash) in the paddock, saved by @The Dude repeated encouragement to hit throttle hold and keep it level. We didn't have time to look into the problem so have only now begun to investigate.

It seems that very minor (really minor) left rudder or right rudder stick movements result in slamming into the end point very quickly. So a very small stick input results in a complete exhaustion of all travel. I adjusted the SV.Limit to remove the binding and ended up with both values around 60%

So now at least there us no binding, but I'm concerned about the rapid movement to end point with hardly any stick input.

The CGY750 1.4 manual states that the SV.Limit should be set to 100% and mechanical adjustments made to the servo arm length for the end points before reducing the SV.limit.

The TREX 500 DFC manual states that the servo ball should be on the outer arm (which is where it is). I am thinking that I should move it closer in to the centre to fix the issue and then re adjust the SV.limit.

Does that sound right.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014

Comments

Discussion in 'Futaba CGY750 FBL System' started by Stuart, Jul 20, 2014.

1. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Buy a V bar lol hahaha

2. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

V barf ... Nah... Got it sorted today. Made some adjustments to the ball link on the rudder servo and got limits back in the high 80s.. Added expo and changed the flight mode and everything seems back into the control feel I am comfortable with.

Did a couple of test hovers and slow circles this arvo. I'm comfortable to complete the tuning flight next time Im at the field.Yah.