Wanted: AU Power Lab 8

Discussion in 'Public Sales / Wanted' started by MadBird, Jun 13, 2016.

By MadBird on Jun 13, 2016 at 4:43 PM
  1. MadBird

MadBird Well-Known Member

Let the magic smoke out of my PL8 this morning :(

Before I order a new one does anyone have one they're looking to get rid of? Or even a DPL8.

Must be in excellent condition.

On a side note I took the cover off to see if any obvious components were fried and was pretty bloody disappointed with the quality of workmanship inside. Check out the soldering on the output sockets...

IMG_8039.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Comments

Discussion in 'Public Sales / Wanted' started by MadBird, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

I think that's the unit I was working on @MadBird! Is the serial number 66666?

2. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

That's very disappointing. Definitely a soldered by someone who has not been properly trained. I think you should point the manufacturer back to this forum link so they can see that up to 1000 heli enthusiasts will see this on the front page of heligods every day...

3. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

In the first photo, it even looks like they touched the housing of the output terminal with the soldering iron. I was actually considering getting one of these, but not so much now. :(

4. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

I'm like the worst soldier ever and I am 100% cleaner and neater than that. Must have been the work experience kid or may be his little sister.

Stuart
      Citizen #507

5. gonehelimad

gonehelimad Active Member

This is extremely piss poor and very dissapointing. Was considering upgrading my trusty thunderpower TP820CD (1year and a half old and still going strong) to a powerlab (supposedly premium) but my current impression is no thanks.

6. maingeer

maingeer Active Member

Yeah I too am looking to upgrade my power system. Won't be getting these. Looks like it's either the icharger 4010 or TP Prophet Sport

7. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

I have an iCharger 4010 DUO and have had it open to extend the screen ribbon for my charge case and it was very well made.

Stuart
      Citizen #507

8. MadBird

The rest of PCB soldering etc is okay, it's just the outputs that look like a Neanderthal has tried to cold solder with his club.

I've created a support ticket with revo to see how much to send it in for a repair. I'll forward them these pics and see if they come to the party with a discount for piss poor quality control. I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt, just once, that this is an isolated incident.

9. ChopsyWA

ChopsyWA Well-Known Member

Looks like the people that assemble the Revolectrix batteries had a go at your charger..... ;)

Shame to see this, considering how much I love my Dual Powerlab 8.
      For those that are in the market for a charger upgrade I would still consider the Powerlabs - still a very solid option despite the case shown here.

10. MadBird

Yeah thats spot on the money Chopsy. This is only one example and like I mentioned before hopefully it's an isolated incident.

11. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I ran into a problem with a Venom 12-port 1S charger board yesterday.... almost fried stuff before I figured out that the charge leads to the circuit board were soldered on in reverse polarity! Easy fix, but almost fried my charger. Fortunately, a 1-watt dropping resistor inside the charger saved any further damage being done.
      So much for quality control.

12. MadBird

Lucky escape Beaver!