Info Possible Technological Progresses In Hobby.

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by HungryHungryHippos, May 19, 2018.

By HungryHungryHippos on May 19, 2018 at 10:44 PM
  1. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

While I have been away from the hobby, I haven't seen anything new come in, in terms of technological progression, however, sooner or later technology will come.

It looks like Futaba has done something in terms of servo's, its for cars, the HPS CB700, but, if you look at the current draw, it looks good, for 49kg-cm of torque and a 0.07 sec speed. No doubt they will migrate it to their other servos

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by HungryHungryHippos, May 19, 2018.

1. KentcoastUK

KentcoastUK New Member

Holy guacamole! 49kg, that's mad!

2. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Fast and strong ... Great for smac! You can definitely feel more control with fast, high torque servos....

3. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

The one thing that struck me was the current draw, this is the important one, the new servo used about 0.60 to 0.8 amps, the old one looked like it was 2.2 to 2.4 amps. I don't know if helicopter servos use different mechanics etc to hold the swash plate. But, if they transfer the same type of technology to heli servos, that means, less drain on the battery.