Help My Dilemma - Piro Circles Are Doing My Head In..

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Apr 9, 2015.

By smakmeharder on Apr 9, 2015 at 11:30 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Ok this is driving me crazy. For the past 4 months or so i have been trying to nail piro circles. I dont mean slow, i mean hard and banked and i also am trying to do them in ALL orientations. So that means that if i am circling right, i can do left tail and right tal piros and including reversals... Same if i am circling left. This applies to both upright and inverted. My dilemma? its quite simple really - I cant nail it!!! I know i sound like a Facebook emo who is bleeding their heart in an emotional post blurt for all the world to sympathize with ... but really its driving me a bit crazy. Yes i can fast piro circle in two orientations... and sometimes i can do all eight. But not all the time - and not consistently. Yes i have looked at many online tutorials... but they don't have the magic formula that works for me. What is the magic formula! What potion do i drink... how to i beat this dilemma...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Apr 9, 2015.

1. josh

josh Active Member

I ran into a similar choke late last year while learning the piro globe with reversals- An F3N set move. You can obviously piro circle and you know how to do them and what to do stick movement wise. So it's defiantly not your skills holding you back, what I found with myself while learning these pirouetting maneuvers is that I always tried to learn them in a controlled and repetitive situation like entering and exiting in the same spot, with the same speed and out of the same flight routine. Which might worked for me one day but then the next I would had totally lost the feel of how to do them. So what I started to do was break the habit of what I had come complacent to doing. I began the set from my worst side (left to right) with my least preferred pirouetting direction (right piros). Now with that and a lot of practice I started to fly through globe with only minor mistakes but it still didn't feel right flying through the globe on those less preferred sides. So again I tried something else...
      I started trying to do single piro loops in my least preferred directions throughout my normal mixed flying routine without much thought, unlike in previous instances. And after about 2 weeks of simming and a couple days of flying with just slightly incorporating that move into my flying I was able to do it with the same precision I could in all my other directions, which then enabled me to complete Piro Globes With Reversals with not mistakes.

So all in all my tips are: Focus on your weakest rotation direction and circle direction along side blending them into your usual stick banging flight routine. With a bit more practice and repetition I think you will nail it!

Pirouetting Globe Reversal
      [​IMG]

Excuse any spelling mistakes and nonsense I wrote... it's late. Goodluck!

2. smakmeharder

So @josh you managed to do the piro globe with reversal?... Hats of to you bro, my piro loops usually end up like barel rolls unless i make em small and tight - not really symmetrical. I am going to do what you said - dive in and fly my weakest direction which is inverted - right tail - anti clockwise. I have seen your piro circles and they look mean - ie straight and well formed. F3N looks as it it has helped your freestyle routine somewhat. Thanks again,.

3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I accidentally figured out how to execute nose-in funnels today. Hooray for me. :p

4. smakmeharder

Actually nose in funnels are one of those tricks i should attempt to do more of. I constantly do tail down funnels or variations of but i see Tareq Alssadi using many 1/2 nose down funnels during his routine. So keep on doing them nose down funnels @Beaver it will help immensely when you do tail down funnels. Well done, i love hearing about pilots nailing new tricks no matter what stage they are at.

5. Johnnybgoode

Johnnybgoode Active Member

That trick in the picture is incredible. I dont know how this could be done. How many hours on a sim do you practice a week @josh if you dont mind me asking.

6. josh

josh Active Member

it is pretty difficult, some weeks I don't sim at all. Others I sim about 2 hours a night every night. so on my good weeks about 12-14 -ish hours