Msh Brain Ask Radar?

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by Radar, Mar 20, 2014.

By Radar on Mar 20, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  1. Radar

Radar Moderator Staff Member

Hi Guys, if anyone has any questions about the Brain I am happy to help. I have been using now for awhile and have gotten rid of all my VBars and loving the Brain.

Comments

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by Radar, Mar 20, 2014.

1. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Got rid of my vbars aswell but Radar how do I get rid of the tail bounce on hard stops on Ikon ive tried lowering the tail gain but she still bounces

2. Radar

Hi Feral: Try going to the advanced setting page, go to your set up 1,2 or 3 in the tail section lower the Derivate gain and you could also try lowering the Tail Dynamic in the input tab down the bottom.

Hope this helps.

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I've got one... to be honest haven't tried correcting it but I'm learning bad habits...

On an aileron role the nose tends to pitch as if given elevator... I fly mode 1 so don't think I'm giving mixed inputs...

Citizen#024

4. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Thanks Radar ill give that a crack :D

5. Radar

Let me know how you go dude.

6. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Will do bro

7. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Dropped the D gain cant remember what value its at but it worked

Bloody rippa!!
      Thanks Radar

8. Collie_Farmer

Collie_Farmer Active Member

I just switched from ar7200bx to ikon.. what is the best way to set lvl swash for the self leveling while on bench

9. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

In the advanced menu I tick the box "check mode" or whatever it is and it will make the swash level around mid stick.. then if you give it full stick it will jump to the high point... This also disables the tail gyro so it wont try to correct for movement on the bench, and allows you to center that as well.

if your still running through the basic menu when it comes to the swash part, it will do it automatically for you... just leave the collective roughly at mid-stick.

10. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

How does it compare to VBAR Radar? I found VBar to have a tight feel.

11. Collie_Farmer

Collie_Farmer Active Member

the manual says to put levels on swash then hit the set lvl button..but this caused forward flight...would it be better to put the swash plate leveler on the main shaft and set the self level to that

12. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the self level feature in flight? If it's not staying level you can adjust it manually in the advanced menu... it usually takes a few tweaks to get it right... never had much luck getting it right on the bench...

If the drifts stay the same no matter the tweaking you may have a vibration issue.. while the brain is very vib resistant in normal flight mode... it is sensitive to it in self level mode...

Citizen#024

13. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

LOL if you all had a "BRAIN" YOU WOULD ALL HAVE CYG750S.
      muah ha ha ha

14. feral

feral Well-Known Member

5fidy if you had a brain youd fly a brain

15. feral

feral Well-Known Member

Plus bro who wouldnt want their heli to fly properly? ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    16. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

To true mate that's why I sold all my vbars..
      Lol. Like they say don't nock it till you try it.
      Nice to hear you have a "BRAIN" and a SAS tocontrol your heli.... Lol

17. Radar

@smakmeharder - I have been flying it since it's birth on my 450. I spent a lot of time getting to know it and tuning it in, to the point where I have really gotten to like it. I have done some fine tuning along the way.

VBar - everyone uses VBar as a bench mark and hey why not it's the most trailed and tested I guess. I used VBar on all my heli's and wouldn't use anything else. I had VBar on my E7 for while and because of the Brain on my 450 I wanted to see what it was like on a big heli. Flying a FBL system on a 450 Vs 700 is much different. Everyone likes to tune there Heli's different and I like my models to feel quite robotic around centre but flowy in big air and at full cyclic. The Brain at first was too robotic and has taken sometime to tune it the way I like it, now she's rock solid loving it.

As far as the VBar Vs Brain I have found I can tune it more to my liking: No FBL system fly's shiz it's just that people prefer one against another. If you send time tuning them in and getting to know the system you can just about any of the units out there to fly well.

@5Fidy GET OFF MY THREAD! Lol

18. NevErSn0w

NevErSn0w Active Member

Okay, here is one for you Radar,
      In my speed pass I get a bounce on the nose of my heli, it has only started since I swapled from Compass 360mm to RJX 360mm blades, could this be the reason? Or can I tune this out in the brain?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

19. Radar

Is more or likely the blade change. Chances are the RJX 360mm blade is lighter or (weight closer to centre?) which is what would cause this. But there are a few things you could do that might help.
      1: Put a little more expo on the Elevator (Advanced setting, Setup tab, 12 or 3, Input, Elevator Exponential) e.g I fly with 30% but you might like it different?
      2: Elevator "Feed Forward Gain" (Advanced setting, Setup tab, 12 or 3, Cyclic, Elevator, Feed Forward Gain) this would need to be made lower
      3: Elevator "Derivate Gain" (Advanced setting, Setup tab, 12 or 3, Cyclic, Elevator, Derivate Gain) this would need to be made higher

It could be one or all of these but please just try one at a time, if one does not make much of an effect put it back to where it was and try the next one. Hope this helps let me know how you go dude and good luck. P.S you might have to use your Brain Lol!