Info Mini-p Full Metal Tail Assembly - Lynx - Review

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by smakmeharder, Aug 10, 2014.

By smakmeharder on Aug 10, 2014 at 9:34 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well I decided to install the Mini-P ultra tail system combo -red. http://www.lynxheli.com/product_info.php?cPath=128_101&products_id=24111

LX1230-1.jpg

When installing the components, every part went together well. There were no issues with assembly. I especially like the removable side case on the tail assembly which allows you to easily change belts if you need to. I also like the smooth action on the pitch slider which ensured there was no binding at all throughout the entire throw of the lever arm.

Every part reeked of quality. Be sure to use lock tight on the appropriate screws however. Also note that I use carbon edge blades on my tail.

After assembly I put my heli to the fight test. It was not a good day for testing as the wind blowing at a gusty 20 to 30 knots.

While performing tail sides into the wind, there was no loss of traction. The tail held perfectly. I then preceded to perform fast tail first hurricanes. Again the tail was flawless. I thought I would really give the tail a test and drop the heli into a high speed funnel. Again no problem the tail held perfectly.

With the wind blowing from my back, I though I would try some lowdown piroflips at medium speed. No issue whatsoever, everything worked well and the piroflips were locked in even with the strong wind.

I then proceeded to try side on tick tocks. Again no problem, the tail was so locked in it was rather easy to keep the pendulum effect and pull of about 15 in a row, side on with the heli about 4 meters in front of me. It was almost mesmerising ..

After this time I tried some piro ticktocks, Funnel Figure 8s and some general fast tail first flying. In summary I was quite amazed and totally satisfied with the much improved tail holding. I cannot believe how much this modification has transformed the MiniP. I used to think the MiniP was a great helicopter. With this tail mod the MiniP is very hard to beat.

VERDICT:

Assembly 9/10 (easy and simple)
    Aesthetics 8/10 (looks good as well)
    Durability TBA
    Performance 9/10 (such an incredible difference to the stock tail - I would have given it a 10 but I don't give 10s)

If you own a MiniP, do yourself a favour and purchase this part. It is well worth the money..

Comments

Discussion in 'MS Heli' started by smakmeharder, Aug 10, 2014.

1. William

William Active Member

I also have the red kit, I have a large number of machines on the work bench, Crash spent the week with me last week:mad:, but the mini P is on deck for next to be serviced/ repaired!

2. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I just want to say, I have installed this as well.. and were before I felt the tail was a bit slow, after this I had to increase my expo on the tail it was that fast and slippery... The tail on the bench is as silky smooth as you could want.. The quality of the case is top notch, and well thought out and designed,..

In fact it was running so well on Sunday I was flying it in idle up 2, stupidly heavy winds.. and having a ball.. I pushed it that hard, that as I came in to land (before my timer went off I might add) my pack gave out....

It's been a struggle to get this heli flying right for a while now.. as some people will know... but after that flight... I god damn love this heli again!