Question? How Many Crashes 2014

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Crash Heligod, Dec 31, 2014.

By Crash Heligod on Dec 31, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  1. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

So my precious minions please let the world know how many times i have visited you in the past year. What was your worst and luckiest crash...comeon, dont be shy!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Crash Heligod, Dec 31, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

CRASHES 2014

Mini Protos - Six Crashes. 1 Dumb thumb (the wall thanks mick), 3 in one day (stupid gyro setting wrong, heli tipping on takeoff), 1 battery lead broken and 1 lost sight due to tree branch blocking my vision.

Goblin Two - Crashes - One smoked 4530 motor - just overheated, they dont make them like they used to and the other mid flight explosion, main blade collapsing onto the boom while performing the psycho maneuver

Trex 550 - Two Crashes. Both were failure of the one way bearing, damage was negligible

2. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I haven`t the faintest idea how many crashes I had in 2014, but there have been several....most of them big ones. I have even made a shrine for our one and only ( thank goodness :eek:) @Crash Heligod

002 (1024x768).jpg

3. R12NDS

R12NDS New Member

Loving that shrine...you could probably make a few 'good sets' up from all those! Lol

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
      Align 250 DFC | Align 450 DFC | Blade 300 CFX | Blade 450 3D...oh, and ACCURC! ;-)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    4. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

LOL... No salvaging any of those blades. When I crash a helicopter I give it 100%. Those blades are toast. ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    5. Mark Mickels

Mark Mickels Well-Known Member

Two, count them Crash just two! I'm not feeling the love anymore!!!

6. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Since I started flying Gartt helis crashes are virtually gone.

In 2014 I crashed Gartt 700 stretched to 800 once due to lost radio link. It hit pretty hard nose in and I lost only main blades and three plastic ball links. Main shaft was slightly bent so I replaced it.

Once 800 lost tail blade grip in flight. It cut second tail blade. I landed perfectly and did not break skids or anything. Mu fault was I was trying to hard to eliminate small play of tail blade grips and while tightening screws I did it with excessive force.

Once my Gartt 700 catched fire mid flight. I lost motor and ESC. Fault was mine because failure was caused by short circuit of main power lines and CF frame. Anyway I did not crash. I succeeded to land it safely.

I had hundreds of flights this year with 800 and 700 helis. Once I spent 11 hours in the field.

I had definitely over 1000 flights with Multiplex Gemini and PA Extra 260 planks. Gemini survived : )

I fly also stretched Rex 600e CF. It is 700 now. I use HK600GT CF frame. Due to plastic ball link failure I had boomstrike and heli actually exploded mid flight. Fortunatelly motor and ESC survived.

And that is it.

I do not count crashes of smaller helis. I totalled my X5. Aluminium servo mount broke in flight. I assume that it happened because previous owner was crashing this X5 pretty hard in the past. I got it with Fusuno CF frame not Gaui.

I totalled my favourite Precission Aerobatics Extra 260 because kevlar link to rudder came loose mid flight. I was abusing this beauty really hard. Kevlar did not break but slipped from metal ear.

I had many other crashes but I do not count crashes of 450 helis and small planks. They are just prone to crashes.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    7. Crash Heligod

Well @simon my dearest friend, we met on the heligods fun fly did we not? And @Geena, i am so proud of your trophy room, I have one very similar, an entire city is made from carbon shards! Oh the sweet smell of burning carbon - there is nothing like it! @utrinque I have some suprises for you this year and @Mark Mickels, you will have to do better than two crashes! @smakmeharder you have no idea what i have waiting for you! Worthy mentions need to go out to @3dmick and @BeLoWseaLeVeL - absolutely outstanding! muah ha ha.. .bring on 2015, I cant wait its only a couple of hours to go!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    8. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the memories @Crash Heligod , thanks for the memories
      Simon

9. simon

simon Well-Known Member

In fact @Crash Heligod , I think you are like death and taxes, mo one can ever escape them - so I'm sure the year 2015 will keep you busy!
      Simon

10. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I would have had three more, had it not been for my countless hours practicing autos. First, my TSA 600n Platinum`s YS60SR sucked up a piece of the fuel clunk filter. Which resulted in an engine stall in flight, and a forced auto. Then the ring in the OS50SXH in the 600 Pro let go in flight...also causing a forced auto. Then to add insult to injury, the Goblin 570 developed a bad vibration in flight, so I hit TH and autoed that one down too. On inspection, I found the tail boom had a crack on the bottom which ran from the tail box about half way up the boom. Only thing I can figure there, was it was cracked in the last crash I had with it and beating on it last weekend put the last nail in the coffin. All needed parts will be here today for the Pro and Goblin. The Platinum is good to go...it just needed to be cleaned out. :cool:

11. Mickstef

Mickstef Member

Not sure how many crash for me but its been quiet a few in a short time but one thing I'm sure of is how long it was since my last one and that would be about 10hours ago, yep that right early arvo on the 31/12/14

12. Crash Heligod

Happy New Year @Mickstef ! Muah ha ha ha...

13. Mickstef

Mickstef Member

Lol

14. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Crappy new to you crash
      2015 I'm am just going to hover all day long till crash gets bored Muah ha ha ha

15. simon

simon Well-Known Member

The problem with that plan @3dmick is I'm not sure you can hover! maybe some sort of piroflippin' hover
      Simon

16. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Yes that may be true lol
      Happy new year dude

17. simon

simon Well-Known Member

You too my friend, fly safe
      Simon

18. Crash Heligod

I will never get bored watching you fly @3dmick, sitting out on the field just watching..... waiting ....... until that perfect moment occurs! You can entertain crowds with your flying all you like @3dmick but I am the true entertainer - an exploding heli mid-flight is never forgotten - and you should know better than most.... muah ha ha ha....

19. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Well @Crash Heligod I would love to see a scale or F3c Rc Heli explosion you need more variety in your graveyard Muah ha ha ha :)