Hobbyking Hk450 V2 $30

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Rcheliguy1242, Aug 31, 2014.

By Rcheliguy1242 on Aug 31, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  1. Rcheliguy1242

Rcheliguy1242 New Member

I recently wanted to get into 6ch helis again and so I started looking around for a cheap kit to build. I found hobbykings kits and quickly purchased a $30 kit. I went with cheap electronics but in the end I build this help from nothing to a flying bird for $98.. so far not 1 issue!! Anybody else have this heli or other hk helicopters?? I will have pics to come!!

And the electronics I used for this build are as follows:

Motor: Turnigy 2627 3800kv motor
    Esc: Hobbyking 30amp with 3a ubec
    Cyclic servos: Turnigy eco TG9 9g x3
    Tail servo: Turnigy 12g metal gear
    Gyro: Hobbyking 401b gyro
    Lipo pack: Turnigy 2200mah 20c

All in all for actually under $100 this cheap heli isn't actually that bad. Now for 3d NO WAY!! haha... I am looking into a lot better electronics in the future but this is my first heli and so far so good!!

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Rcheliguy1242, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

also when you go into a new move.. always have a get out of trouble plan.. if you've done something on the sim.. it should be easy to identify where you get into trouble.. work out how you would get of that... practice it a bit.. then go high and do it... also when on the sim... never just let the heli go in... it teaches you to just let it go in.. I know you say you wont and that's stupid.. but if your mind freezed muscle memory can take over.. and if that says let it go in.. then she's going in..

2. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

All good stuff guys... My strategy on learning new tricks from the beginning is....

A) Pick a trick you can learn that is not beyond your capability. Typical trick path is

1) hover all orientations
      2) hover all orientation left field, right field
      3) straight line flying
      4) figure 8s
      5) figure 8s left field and right field and both directions
      6) backwards flying
      7) Sideways flying
      8) funnels - Fun option - Rainbows
      9) funnels all orientations - Fun option - Tick Tocks
      10) inverted
      And the list goes on... You could probably put

LEARNING EACH TRICK.
      I used a system to learn every new trick.

MY SYSTEM.

1) break the trick down and look for control indicators. Control indicators are unique stick moves that have a big effect on the trick. For example side on hovering (check 3d heligods tutorial) the aerolin is significant in controlling that move. All other stick movements are intuitive, the aerolin is not. You must see the side on hovering tutorial to understand what i mean.

2) Practice the move on the Sim. Make this move your sole objective every time you sim. You must sim every day for 10 - 15 mins. Once you have the trick down pat and i mean really down pat then start doing it for real.

3) Pick your beater helicopter. For me it used to be my mcpx then it graduated to my minip. This typically is a helicopter that you learn stuff on and feel confident it wont kill you. Practice the move HIGH as stated previously...

4) Once you learn the move from ONE orientation, practice the move left of fiend and right of field.

5) Now start mixing up the orientations.

After each flying session come back to the sim and start practicing for 10-15 mins. You will start to appreciate the sim at this point and it will lock in the manouver.

By this time the trick should be intuitive and you should be able to confidently be able to incorporate the maneuver into your flying style.

Ask you learn more tricks, more tricks become available to you . Its like building a pyramid - one brick at a time.

I hope this helps..

3. smakmeharder

I think I should make a Tshirt that states..

Sim
      Fly For Real
      Crash
      Repair
      Sleep
      Do it again

4. ScottE

ScottE Active Member

Lol I like that ..
      Crash . Repair . Repeat !!!

5. smakmeharder

Love it! how about Fly - Crash - Repair - Repeat

6. smakmeharder

Or a program written in Heligod Basic...

Str Fly = Rnd("AFF", "MRHC", "HMAS","other")
      Str Crash = Rnd(""Blown Motor", "boom strike", "bent shaft"
      Int Float Repair = Select(if goby (zen) else (Your Hobby) or (quikazz)) AND ("withdraw cash - pay vendor")

New flyobject = Fly();

if Fly = "AFF" or "MRHC" or "HMAS" AND feespaid=true THEN newFly() ELSE FamilyFunction()'

newFly(flyobject)
      Return (If CrashHeligod is true then crash(flyobject));

crash()
      If flyobject="AFF" and Piliot="BelowSeaLevel" THEN trashHeli ELSE just damage
      return (repairHeli(Pilot));

repairHeli()
      If Pilot = "Belowsealevel" then "empty bank account and insert heli fault" Else "take lots of money";

FamilyFunction()
      If SunnyDay AND No Wind THEN pilot = sad ELSE pilot = Thinking of sunny windless day and new heli'

LOL just thrown together, you get the idea I am sure....

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    7. ScottE

ScottE Active Member

LMFAO .. gold!!! Mate
      Just needs imbedding in a website . We all need to add our own ' if pilot = 'insert name here '

8. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I believe that's hml (helicopter markup language) for the web or haml - heli application markup language for apps
      __Simon
      A member of the Unit class

9. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

That's gold @smakmeharder lol.. I think you could improve the code with a constant and a little tweak of two

Int crashAndBurn = FALSE

If pilot = BeLoWseaLeVeL, crashAndBurn = TRUE

If crashAndBurn, crashHeli(), enjoyFlying()

10. smakmeharder

HA HA lol lol very good @Stuart and your comment is GOLD as well @simon HML (heligods markup language - lmao!) Should make our own language - HML that runs on our own Special Heligod Integrated Terminal (S.H.I.T)

11. simon

simon Well-Known Member

LOL

12. smakmeharder

Sorry @Rcheliguy1242 but we have gone OT .. Waiting for the pics to come. How is the build coming along?

13. simon

simon Well-Known Member

@Rcheliguy1242, you can always count on @smakmeharder to take it OT, but we have to make allowances because of his avatar, (he can somehow translate my thoughts into an image!) - Enjoy the build, love the maiden...
      Simon

14. Rcheliguy1242

Rcheliguy1242 New Member

Been way to windy to fly lately.. 20 plus mph wind :( we have had a front come through and it's been crappy weather..

I'm thinking of maybe just risking my heli and finally doing tricks for real.. I have to do them sometime..?? haha if the weather straightens up maybe I can actually fly!!

And lastly I was looking around online and I found some sweet budget replica goblins.. they are called alzrc demon 450. Or 480 speeds. They are on rc711.com anybody hear about these?? I'm thinking of getting one and then putting a goblin 500 canopy on it. Any thoughts?? They look sweet and the kits are under $250

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    15. Rcheliguy1242

Rcheliguy1242 New Member

So as an update I was flying the other day and I'm not sure why but in mid air one of my servos exploded?? Every gear was stripped but the main one? I have no idea what happened.. but obviously the servo that failed sent the helicopter uncontrollable for the most part and I crashed her pretty bad!! I bent the main shaft the fly bar supports the fly bar and totally snapped the tail tube in half and snapped the belt... along with broken tail blades broken skids and skid bars. And I lost both tail tube supports.. since it's a cheap trex450 replica it's easy to cross the parts brands but since so much is junk... it will take a while to get parts... I haven't got my original parts order yet because it's coming from China but yikes.. haha any ideas on if I should junk her or not?

I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 dollars to fix??? And that's if I but hobby kings cheap parts.. If I buy trex stuff close to 50 I'm guessing? Maybe just a new kit??

16. smakmeharder

I would go a new kit. That way you still have some spares from the other crashed heli. At that price a new kit doent hurt the pocket that much. Strange the servo malfunctioned, might have been wiring perhaps?

17. jockstrap

jockstrap Active Member

Do { Noop;
      Return Big($);
      }
      While( State = "Crashed")