Info Goblin 420 - N.i.c.e

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Jan 11, 2017.

By smakmeharder on Jan 11, 2017 at 9:09 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Just got back from trying out my Goblin 420. I only had 1800ma packs so flight times were around 2mins 15 seconds.

SG420.jpg

I put through about 6 packs at the swamp with winds gusting at around 20 Knots.

OBSERVATIONS:

Very fast - stupidly fast - it might have something to do with the fact that i only had 1800ma packs plugged in. Absolutely insane pop... Really something to get excited about. It also feels a little slippery. I think this will tame down just enough when i add another 700ma to the packs which will CG the heli correctly then.

It felt like a much much bigger heli. It was still solid in the air as well. It is also very fast in forward/tailfirst flight.

BUT It sucks batteries! My packs are tired but i think this heli identified 3 weak packs in my arsenal of 9 packs. It definitely sucks the amps. But the XNOVA Tareq motor doesnt have a problem supplying the torque. Typical flight time using 1800 packs was 2min 15 seconds.

The Hangtime is definitely better. Piro tick tocks just sit... And INSANE rainbows and pogos. To be fair the piro flips felt a bit off, i had to slow them down to keep them pinned... but its not CG properly yet it NEEDS heavier packs.

MY FEELING:

Yes... Yes..... YES YES - I LOVE IT SO FAR. Its still early days but i feel like a kid with a new toy. You need around 2.5 amp 6s packs to drive this baby flying hard 3d for a solid 3 mins. I Still need to tune it properly - I just used my settings from the 380 and turned the engine down 80%. So i could probably drop a pinion size and go up to 90% throttle to improve efficiency and torque.

I feel this heli has alot to offer and definitely recommend the upgrade for a totally different feeling heli.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE:

A wider choice of blades. Having just the SABs is not my preference mainly due to availability. Either aftermarket bladegrips that take 500 size blades (Mr Lynx?) or Bert, Zeal and Halo come to the 420 party.

A RED canopy and BOOM. Red and black are my fav colors... Green looks ok but its not my thing. Its gotta be red...

BATTERIES! FOR GODSAKES GOOD QUALITY BATTERIES. Only option is OS at the moment.
    I would like 2.5 AMP at 200C (well I would settle for 60C)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Jan 11, 2017.

• Tags:
    1. Ozzy Mozzy

Ozzy Mozzy Well-Known Member

Brian will want one for sure.....

2. smakmeharder

No doubt @Ozzy Mozzy ... He will only have to watch my heli for the first 10 seconds to see how much quicker it is....

3. Bomber

Bomber New Member

sound like my old 420 Hope your enjoying it

4. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

That answers my question about the C-ratings of your packs. :D
      So the 420 is basically a stretched 380 frame swinging 500 size blades??

5. smakmeharder

Are you refering to the heli just recently sold? If so @thedude has it. I actually got mine from @zenrc and i was going to do a new build but just converted my old heli instead. Just co-incidence its around the same time.

6. smakmeharder

Yes @bever. Swinging 420 blades - 5mm less than your typical 500. From day one i could see the intention of the 380 was to make it bigger - So far im in the honeymoon phase.. everything is wonderful!

7. simon

simon Well-Known Member

@smakmeharder , what electronics / setup do you have in this? Did you gut your 380 for bits? I'd be really interested to get a good description of your setup.
      Thanks in advance Simon

8. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

@simon ... His setup is Bk servos 3001, Tareq motor 3215-930kv, Mks tail HV9780, Kontronics Koby speedy 90 Amp , CGY 750 FBL... Mine is the same but i have a hobbywing speedy 80 Amp ( Come with it ) he's running 13.5 pitch, I'm at 12.5.

I would %100 agree with everything said above, It's an insane heli.. I didn't think there could be something better than the 380 in that type of size range ( Under a 500 ) It's awesome..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    9. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, sounds like I might need one on the tick list. Might have to wait until recovering from the financial impost of Xmas
      Simon

10. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

It's about time you got your self a new heli
      Your little 380 must have a billion flights on it buy now well Done mate I'm tempted
      To convert one of my 380 :)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    11. smakmeharder

Yep... 1billion and 1! But i do need new packs now.... :-(
      Some of my packs are ok..not many

12. smakmeharder

Just finished flying at club, heli ate the wind like it was not there... dude this heli is insanely fast and I am not just in love. Found I only have 2 packs that are smack worthy..I am never going back.....

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    13. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Cool mate it will be interesting to see how it flys with bigger packs in it
      What flight times are you getting

14. smakmeharder

2:15 at hard smak with 1800s leaving 30% in the packs.