Farthest Journey By Hoverboard - Guinness World Records

Discussion in 'General Subjects' started by Matty, May 23, 2015.

By Matty on May 23, 2015 at 7:30 PM
  1. Matty

Matty Member

Catalin Alexandru Duru became the first person ever to break the Guinness World Records Title for the Farthest journey by hoverboard

The farthest flight by hoverboard is 275.9 m (905 ft 2 in) and was achieved by Alexandru Duru (Canada) at Lake Ouareau in Quebec, Canada on 25 August 2014.

Catalin said:

The first real-life hoverboard. The machine was built and designed by me, Catalin Alexandru Duru. I am the first man to create and fly a working prototype.

I will showcase that stable flight can be achieved with a machine one can stand on and control with their feet, just like in the movie "Back to the Future Part II". In our case, the machine is propeller-based.

The prototype can be used anywhere, but is usually tested over water because of how dangerously high it can fly (which is ironic considering that the movie joked that it can't).

Comments

Discussion in 'General Subjects' started by Matty, May 23, 2015.

1. simon

simon Well-Known Member

But how does it tow beside a train if your wearing a cowboy hat and rescuing the girl?

Simon

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

The idea in the movie was for the hoverboard to track like a normal skateboard or snowboard. I can't see that ever happening without some kind of high resolution GPS referencing system to keep the board from simply free floating in random directions.