Drone Vandalism - Begins

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Andrew R, May 1, 2015.

By Andrew R on May 1, 2015 at 3:58 PM
  1. Andrew R

Andrew R Active Member

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Andrew R, May 1, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Oh boy.... good find @Andrew R . its a sign of things to come. Imagine a tagger vandalizing sky scrapers? How the hell would they clean it?

2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

It was enevitable. :rolleyes:

3. simon

simon Well-Known Member

They could have at least drawn the "D and B's" That's a reason right there to get one.... The Crimson Drone Pilot, wanted here and wanted there....
      Simon

4. ripcurlsurf

ripcurlsurf Member

Wow thats bad

5. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

We do not call cavemen pictures on the walls vandalism.

One can do art with can of paint other can not...

I respect those who can.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    6. jockstrap

jockstrap Active Member

That is 100% vandalism - absolutely no doubt about it..

Definitely not art either as anyone can do that....

They just need to make the laws tougher - if a vandal repeat offends - lock them up with all the other psychos in jail and see how long they last..

The problem is that the law is too soft, once they know they will end up someone's biach in jail - watch how quickly 90% of them stop doing it!

7. utrinque

[​IMG]

Tougher law will not acomplish anything.

Law reinforcement is essential:

No one can stop drones. Nor calling multirotors "drones":p

Lets dance...

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    8. jockstrap

jockstrap Active Member

Now that top pic is artistic - but I'd like to see someone draw that with a drone at 100m away - lol

Yes - the power of Multirotors is yet to be harnessed, especially by the dark side... that's lucky for us at the moment but who knows for how long :(

Tougher laws will accomplish a lot! It's proven fully in modern society with the current laws we have as without them there would already be total anarchy... but there isn't anarchy because there are "tougher laws" than "none" in place...

So "tougher laws" don't need to be "shoot on the spot without question" - they just need to be tougher than they currently are - which is almost as good as "non-existent" and that's why a lot of this shiz happens...

Laws will of course never stop 100% as there are always some nutters out there that think they have the "right" to do things and that it's "Art" so that's ok... but hey it's not ok... but
      they refuse to accept that because they can't see beyond their own selfishness...

But making penalties harsher than they are will go a long way to stopping a lot of the culprits that are not so radical and just bored... Then we will be left with the 10-20% that won't be deterred, and that will mean less damage and vandalism in the long run - but not zero unfortunately..

But hey, having 5-10 properties vandalized is way better than 100...

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    9. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

Can't they do it properly so we can be amused?

But more seriously, if someone gets caught doing drone vandalism, they will be in for double jeopardy.

These days, just as drone are getting cheaper, camera surveillance is getting cheaper, more and more of it is in more places, so anyone doing it will most likely be caught. Also face / object recognition and tracking software behind the surveillance cameras is getting better.

If they get caught, they will need a roll of toilet paper.

The bill they receive for graffiti removal or repair will be much more expensive, as in the above scenario a cherry picker etc will be required.

Then the local aviation safety regulatory body will step in, as a drone was flown in a build up area.

10. utrinque

Lets keep in mind we talk about toys not weapons. Calling them "drones" is just funny.

I know they can potentially crash 777 killing hundreds of people but aviation authorities dealing with toys is making me laugh.

Cars are more deadly weapons and they are not banned.

Personally I feel US needs strict regulation on RC. I am glad seeing cities banning RC, asking for drones bounty hunters etc. US became Police state. They read car plates using safety cameras in bulk, they read emails and listen to phone calls (NSA scandal). Soon they will apply face recognition and follow each citizen 24/7.

If citizens agree to such invigilaion they deserve dura lex. ;)

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/c...icensing-bounty-hunters-to-shoot-down-drones/

Real problem with real drones:

Last edited: May 3, 2015
    11. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

Definition of drone :
      - Any unmanned aircraft or ship that is guided remotely.
      - A pilotless aircraft operated by remote control.
      - A type of aircraft that does not have a pilot but is controlled by someone on the ground.

Calling them drones is correct terminology.

I used to work as a crew leader of aeroplanes that flew very low of the ground, one day a bird went through the windscreen and knocked the pilot unconscious while the aeroplane was below 200 ft. A drone or toy multi rotor can do the same thing. So there is a good reason why the aviation authorities get involved, and it can get serious.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    12. utrinque

It is potentially lethal. In case of multirotor it would be mass murder.

13. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Interesting thought: a load capable drone with a high-res GPS guidance system and proximity sensors, equipped with an RGB or CMYK injet system capable of spraying paint. I.E.- a "flying inkjet printer". Then all one would have to do is upload the intended picture for the graffiti and plot the coordinates of the wall to be violated!!

14. smakmeharder

Love the term "flying injet printer". Its so true! Vandals could graffiti the sides of a building overnight! But another thought just came to me. Imagine if they could actually create descent pictures using several spraycans and gps system like you mentioned @Beaver. The advertising industry could actually PAINT the graphic directly onto billboards via computer (assuming a still ish day!). Now that would be something else! it would revolutionise the advertising industry overnight (i am sure there would be heaps of bugs to sort out and it would not be that simple)

15. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Right on.... the I realized the commercial aspect of the idea after that last post. It would be a technological marvel if someone could work out the engineering. Given the current rate of progression these days, someone will get it nailed-down soon, I'm pretty sure.

16. smakmeharder

This is actually an awesome idea!... I program in various languages and understand graphics as well (ie creating drawings using vectors). We could all be rich! You could be the american distributor @Beaver!

17. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

The only other issue I can foresee is possibly the need to "tag" a wall with a GPS marker or some kind of small transponder.... maybe a laser point marker as a register mark for graphics plot. Proximity sensors would maintain uniform distance from vertical surface (wall, billboard, etc) I can definitely see the laser-point being used for more discreet situations (graffiti).