SAB-Heli Deep Impact - Little Sab Goblin Speculations

Discussion in 'SABHeli' started by smakmeharder, Dec 27, 2016.

By smakmeharder on Dec 27, 2016 at 6:53 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

The little big goblin - dubbed DEEP IMPACT - is due for release shortly but the closely guarded secret is... just what size will it be? The most common consensus i can find is that it will be in the 200 to 210 range which puts it in direct competition with the oxy series helicopters however nothing is certain at this stage.

sadsfas.jpg

The width of the canopy in the image released by SAB seems to be exceptionally narrow. Will this accommodate the normal servo mounting positions? Or will the chassis design be completely different. One thing is certain if the image of the tail below is genuine it will follow the same break away tail structure we have all come to be know. This design has an advantage of simplifying the tail assembly, improving visibility but usually its more expensive to replace in a crash (unless you are @BeLoWseaLeVeL - he usually destroys the rest of the goblin and leaves the tail intact)

We have some pretty good sleuths on this forum (@ChopsyWA, @Manyc, and many more!) - usually able to sniff out things way before other news sources do - so i am calling on all our extra ordinary contributors to find out more information.

This image surfaced on helifreak.

attachment.jpg

Now if this image is real (big assumption here) and understanding that many 3d printers are standard sizes, can anyone guess the length of this boom? It appears to max out the 3d printers gantry height. If its a standard 3d printer we might be able to draw some conclusions about the length of the tail and compare it to the length of a 380 and scale it accordingly. Or even look at the thread pitch, count the turns and again estimate the length.

One other thing is certain... with a name like DEEP IMPACT @Crash Heligod is going to have a field day when this baby is released. I am looking forward to another micro release however.

Comments

Discussion in 'SABHeli' started by smakmeharder, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I would probably have to have one of those little Goblins if the rumor proves to be true. So far, Blade, among few other brand names, offer much in the 200 to 300 range of any significance, and its 50% likely to have a direct-drive tail motor at that. :D

2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Teaser! :eek:

3. smakmeharder

That smudge in the video moves very fast. Its an interesting point you raise @Beaver. If the tail is direct drive the design would be very different to the traditional goblin.an interesting point.

4. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I'm reasonably certain SAB would not use a direct tail motor..... it would likely be belt.

5. smakmeharder

Well a belt drive at that size would be interesting to say the least. I think it could be a winner due to less complexity - things are not going to break when the tail blades hit the grass.