Info Compass Exo 500. Sooooooooooon :)

Discussion in 'Compass' started by MickyD, Mar 5, 2016.

By MickyD on Mar 5, 2016 at 9:52 PM
  1. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

The new anticipated 500 size heli from compass. The original atom is still an incredible work horse and a power house in the air, even with its NQR geometry it flys well!

The exo500 will be showing at this years Rotor Live 12-13th in Germany.

Quotes from Seb :" Hello Guys, It will be something really new. Some facts: - 10mm hollow mainshaft - full belt driven - able to take all kinds of blades - rotor head is a mix of Chronos geometry and warp - tail control rod is invisbile - no sab boom style - very new design on the frame and canopy - easy for maintenance - 6mm ultrashort tailshaft - smallest part count of all 500 right now Greatings Sebastian

The battery will be attached to the frame with a special quick release and can be changed in like 3s without removing the canopy. Most batteries up to 4500mAh will fit. Maybe even some smaller 5000th"

"Hello,

it is htd 3mm for the tailrotor. The mainpully is sts 2mm and the belt is higher than on the HD500 and the pulley is also a little bigger (150T).

Sebastian"

"At the ROTOR Live we will not have a kit for sale but we will have a price for the model.

The tail blade grips will be aluminium. The plastic one is in small production indeed more expansive, but in bigger volume the aluminium is for sure. The reason I used alumium is the big bearings. I don't wanted to have way bigger grips on that small helicopter. The bearings and the hub is the same as we use on the Chronos, 7HV Ultimate, 6HV Ultimate and 550 Ultimate.

And YES the grips and the slider are working on the other helicopters too, but need another tail shaft. We will offer it after the release! Some of our team will test it on the Chronos first.

@kpod: It is fully belt driven. We use a STS 2mm main belt and HTD3 tail belt."

"well it is more Chronos with something totally different.
    Geometry is almost as perfect as possible."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/CompassMod...5121.196541843731781/1108691285850161/?type=3

Comments

Discussion in 'Compass' started by MickyD, Mar 5, 2016.

1. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Prices are up at Compass Australia.
      Its around the price of the Logo extreme 480 with the current exchange rate.
      Cant wait for the Green one to come in!

2. FailureToFly

FailureToFly New Member

:eek: Yikes! $970 for a 500mm bladed heli!

If it's sort of unbreakable in any normal kind of crash then long term it'll be far cheaper than something like a Goblin; I was really impressed with the vice like tail hold and that it didn't explode into small bits when the pilot was doing crazy things at speed.

I think the main issue is that I own an X5 and it's been pretty much bulletproof even on 12S with a 4035-500 motor and is still very much intact after many terrible crashes...but the tail doesn't hold like the Exo.

I don't know what to think about these prices as in many ways, they may simply price people out of the hobby as this size used to be an entry level size...large enough to fly well and affordable enough to purchase/crash.

3. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Dear customers,

We of Compass Model give you the opportunity to explore the eXo 500 in a very special way. Three 3D PDFs show the structure of the eXo 500 in detail. The user can open the entire model, the semi-monocoque and the new RAGE motor and rotate freely with a mouse click, zoom in and out and get closer into this unique design. Some parts are shown transparent to visualize details better.Like the powerful radial and thrust bearings in main and tail blade grips. The bearings of the eXo are more or less the same size as a 600 or 700 size helicopter.

Fears about the crash resistance can be eliminated, because the interested customer can see the details of the internal frame. This is in fact a solid box design together with the semi-monocoque. Drawstrings on the lower CF plate of the inner frame (which can be replaced cheap) take forces in the event of a crash.

The price of the monocoque will be 94.95 USD.

The 3D PDFs can be found here:
      www.compassmodel.net/download/exo/Body_Assembling.PDF
      www.compassmodel.net/download/exo/eXo_complete.PDF
      www.compassmodel.net/download/exo/RAGE_Motor_4219.PDF

3D PDFs can be opened with Adobe Reader. A current version is necessary. To open this document you need to trust it first (you can find this possibility at OPTIONS bottom of the reader). Then click ENABLE 3D VIEW.
      PLEASE NOTE: The eXo 500 is ready for pre orders now!

4. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

I noticed the tail was unbelievably locked in also. Compass has certainly raised the bar in quality with their kits over the years. They were considered to be around the align quality, certainly not now.

5. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Whats different about the tail @MickyD. Any design changes?

6. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

I just had a look at the 3d PDF files... WOW. Thats an awesome design. Make sure you have the latest Adobe, which allows you to spin the model around.

Should be super cheap to fix. The outer frame wont take the hit.

As far as the tail its a 700 size tail :) 6mm shaft too

7. Ozzy Mozzy

Ozzy Mozzy Well-Known Member

I have already had the eXo in all orientations lol...... Looks bloody awesome, amazing design.... I wasn't to happy with the price but after checking that 3d model out it just might be worth it......

8. smakmeharder

So being your birthday..... did you buy one? You deserve one!!!

9. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Hahaha, i keep telling myself that with every kit. Yea my pre-order has been placed.
      Did you check out the 3d files?

10. smakmeharder

It looks amazing!... really it does... There are a few coffee orders worth in that baby i am sure!

11. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

For the first batch, pre-orders need to be filled at the end of this month!!!

12. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Henry flying the one and only exo, short flight. Pilots are receiving their kits next week.

13. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

This big 500 looks mental

14. Ozzy Mozzy

15. maingeer

maingeer Active Member

Ozzy Mozzy what happened? LVC???

16. Ozzy Mozzy

Quote from their Facebook page....

‘The reason was either the master of the ESC get off or the ESC hard cut off’

17. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Speedy (kontronik) shut down. The heli is so quite and with the background noise he didn't hear it or feeling it as he was coming back over. Great test anyway. It's tough.

Henry the pilot says it flys so big, it feels like a 700

18. Ozzy Mozzy

Tough alright, it hit hard!!! Great looking Heli too

19. Finky

Finky Member

20. Ozzy Mozzy

mmmmmm so nice........ pic from IRCHA
      [​IMG]