Cgy750 Swash Servo Installation

Discussion in 'Futaba CGY750 FBL System' started by Stuart, Jun 23, 2014.

By Stuart on Jun 23, 2014 at 2:06 AM
  1. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Hi all, doing my first install of a CGY750. Using firmware v1.4. On page 13 of the manual it states;
    "Navigate to the [SWASHsetbasic] -> SWS.Rate parameter. This will disable the gyros and cause the servos to remain centered during setup."

It does disable the servos but it does not center them. Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Stu

Comments

Discussion in 'Futaba CGY750 FBL System' started by Stuart, Jun 23, 2014.

1. beenflying

beenflying Member

I don't have a CGY750, but with other FBL units, you have to manually trim the servos to center, the first time, using one of the setup menus.

2. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Yeah there is a previous step that does that. I was thinking that the quoted instruction meant that the unit would hold the servos at centre whilst levelling the swash. At least that's how it reads to me.

I can always just set a 50% curve in the tx

3. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Navigate to the [SWASHsetbasic] -> SWS.Rate parameter, this locks out the gyro so if you move the heli the servos don't move, it also locks the servos to center, then adjust your servo horns manually to get close to 90 deg.. then go into the NTR (neutral settings) further on the in SWASHsetbasic menu to trim the servos to center , under this section it also locks out the gryo.. there will be three settings, one for pitch, aileron and elevator.. adjust the trim in there to get all servos centered.

4. The Dude

5. The Dude

Stu, if you live in Melb, we can meet up and i can set it up for you if you like and also give you a run down on it..

6. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I will look at the vids. I had done as you said, the issue is that the servos don't lock at centre.

I do live in Melbourne so would appreciate the walk through. I can come to you wherever is convenient. I live in Ringwood and fly at LDMFA.

Let me know what suits you.

The other question I had was around Tx setup. Manual suggests a standard H1 config rather than a H3 (120). I assume this is correct.

PM me you mobile or just PM me meeting preference.

Thanks.

7. The Dude

Pm sent

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk