Building An Assault 700

Discussion in '600 - 750 Class Helis' started by PJ1977, Aug 7, 2017.

By PJ1977 on Aug 7, 2017 at 5:24 AM
  1. PJ1977

PJ1977 Member

Hello my Heligods and what and Honor and privilege it is to be here in the presence of some of the finest rc helicopter pilots in the world.
    I have one tough question to ask you
    Gods. I am building an assault 700 helicopter by HobbyKing here's the layout I'm either going to go with the Y EP 120 amp ECS or a Castle Creations 120 amp ECS the motor is going to be in align 5:30 for the 700 helicopters my servos are going to jx HV at 50 dollars a pop my tail servo is going to be a Turnigy 1253 my bec will be CC 20a 7.4 to 8v my gyro well that's still on the fence I am still deciding on that. My point is is do you guys think a 120 amp ECS is going to be enough or will I blow that out I don't want to start a fire and ruined my expensive helicopter I'm putting a lot of money into this because my dream was to own a 700 class helicopter.
    Thank you and God bless to anyone who can help

Comments

Discussion in '600 - 750 Class Helis' started by PJ1977, Aug 7, 2017.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Hi @PJ1977 congratulations on your purchase. Firstly i could not find your motor specs on your post. Your motor specification largely determines the current requirement for your ESC. You should have an overhead of around 20%+ max load otherwise you could trip out the ESC via overload or even worse your ESC could ignight (Castle Cremations - i mean Creations have been know to spontaneously combust in the past). Now you need to make sure you really check the basics. Remember if you can fly a small helicopter - you can fly a bigger helicopter. The difference is largely in your mind - infact a larger helicopter is usually more stable - but can do more damage of course.

2. Servo

Servo Member

Pj I have an assault 700.
      It's flies great with all components being hk or similar.
      Yeah check your motor specs first before purchasing the speedy.
      20 % headroom is good.
      Enjoy and upgrade when you replace the parts.
      easy :)

3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Nothing really wrong with "clone" helis, I started with an Align clone 450..... The trick is going with genuine parts when upgrading the "second-line" parts. Some clone parts are good enough, but when you get into harder flying, the lesser quality parts will show themselves at the most inopportune moment.... Usually after a mild crash.

4. ScottE

ScottE Active Member

Hi @PJ1977 , I too built an assault 700 and found it a great no fuss heli . Just check your swash mine was a bit sloppy and I eventually upgraded it .
      ESC , 120a will be fine paired with I'm guessing the 750mx 530Kv motor ? I'm running one in my mostro and have seen 140amp spikes on speed runs , just use the recommended settings from align - 12kHz pwm & medium timing .
      Servos , spend as much as you can afford .
      I have a motto regarding electronic toys -- I'm too poor to buy cheap !!