Back Up Guard For The Ikon

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by Collie_Farmer, Apr 18, 2014.

By Collie_Farmer on Apr 18, 2014 at 2:44 PM
  1. Collie_Farmer

Collie_Farmer Active Member

I just bought the optipower ultra guard from experience rc in the u.s. I will be connecting it to a ikon fbl system..my issue is I have the CC bec pro , that needs 2 plugs to go into the fbl unit so I have no extra port ,, what would be your suggestion to accomplish installing the ultra guard.. experience rc told me to use a Y harness but didn't specify how.. do I plug both bec wires into the Y harness & then ultra into the fble unit?? this makes me afraid it wont work correctly to feed the power correctly...
    OR do I plug the Y harness into fbl unit and then plug 1 bec wire and the ultra guard wire into the Y harness..
    please help we have had a bad run with brown outs around here abd desperately want to install the backup guard
    thank you in advance and have a wonderful day

http://www.experiencerc.com/store/o...k_solution_super_combo_oprus2s-l-p-16832.html

Comments

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by Collie_Farmer, Apr 18, 2014.

1. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Plug the bottom of the Y into the IKON and one of the top leads into the CC Bec, and the other into the backup Y (bottom / top)
      Simon

2. Mr Bling

Mr Bling Active Member

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Other option I use is to plug the backup guard into the rx as that will also transfer power...

Citizen#024

4. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

You running Spektrum or futaba ?

5. Collie_Farmer

running spectrum...and I talked to optipower rep and they suggested same as Simon

6. simon

simon Well-Known Member

You don't need to ask a rep, this site represents the collective knowledge of people that really know what they are talking about, and they will get back to soon (and I am one of the dumb ones!). That's why sites like this are fantastic, shortcuts the learn time.
      Simon....

7. HeliGods

HeliGods Mark - Administrator Staff Member

Yup, this will do the job...

8. Collie_Farmer

heres my next question
      ,i will be putting it on a ikon with a cc bec pro, after further research on your website I seen it says you must disconnect the bec before testing the ultra guard or it may back feed power back into the bec and break it..are the talking about a internal bec infused in a ESC or a external bec such as the cc bec pro...and if they are talking about the external bec does that mean if I forget to turn off before I unplug my flight pack I will fry my cc bec pro ...thank you for the help there is not a lot of info on the net

9. Collie_Farmer

spektrum

10. simon

simon Well-Known Member

disconnect the bec from the ikon, so it's only powered by the backup, then test (or just don't plug your flight pack in), I'd think when it's all up and running it should be pretty bullet proof, to be on the safe side, i'd turn it off before unplugging the flight pack. But I think one day you will forget (I would). I think all that will happen is the heli will be live until the backup runs out

Good luck

Simon

11. Collie_Farmer

cool couse I will forget to turn off before I unplug the flight pack